Food Industry (2.0 beta)

by Oceanel

[Warning (!): Mod is still under development, and is not intended for a long game] This mod adds hunger and ways to produce foods and drinks. From grown foods can be obtained effect capsules.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Fluids Manufacturing

g Another complaint

5 years ago

I think I've encountered the thing that will kill this mod for me, biter meat on conveyor belts.

I've been making a factory that has a number of novel and difficult builds, because I've been trying to use Deadlock's crating mod early and often. And so I've taken way more time than I should to get to the point I'm at, and I'm surrounded on all sides by a rapidly expanding biter population. I have the weaponry and power production to fend them off until I get artillery, and hopefully I can also research all damage upgrades and start producing uranium ammo before the behemoth biters start appearing except...

When they attack now, my lines end up all gummed up with biter meat even though my factory as a whole is largely unscathed. That will be the death of this factory. I can't take the time to clean the lines, do what biter control I absolutely have to, and build the remaining tech production I need.

I'm not sure how you could do this mod and not have that be a problem.

If I were defending with walls I guess that would also fix it. But I usually don't do that for a variety of reasons. A good factory with roboports will be self-healing and so can take a little damage. Sparse, but overlapping defense with laser turrets, especially around the edges, works just fine. But, without walls, biters with their uncanny ability to avoid defensive emplacements on the borders, will get inside and end up on conveyer belts. And then even when the laser turrets take them out I'm left with belts with random bits of biter flesh on them. :-(

5 years ago

Interesting...
I have had some problems with biter flesh in my playtroughs, but it could always be fixed by just putting my defenses in front of the factory to not let them inside it. So you are saying, that the meat piles up behind your walls, even though you kill the biters outside?

5 years ago

I'm saying that I'm not using walls. :-) Ever since artillery came out, I've been not bothering with walls and then using artillery to keep them at a distance once I have it.

5 years ago

Means that the drops are to often or you are complaining about the missing Deadlock's crating & stacking support?

5 years ago

lol the problem is in the first line: biter meat on conveyor belts.

New response