Food Industry (2.0 beta)

by Oceanel

[Warning (!): Mod is still under development, and is not intended for a long game] This mod adds hunger and ways to produce foods and drinks. From grown foods can be obtained effect capsules.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Fluids Manufacturing

g Where to find Tomatoes and Cucumbers?

5 years ago

I can't seem to find Tomatoes or Cucumbers anywhere. Wherever I look, it's only corn and potatoes. I can't do anything with the potatoes early-game, and the corn really isn't going to cut it long-term.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

you need to search for them. The plants spawn based on the moisture. The moisture varies troughout the world. You can know how moist is an area by this (But keep in mind this is VERY outdated): https://wiki.factorio.com/AutoplaceSheets

The plants by moisture:
Rapeseed..0.85- 0.9
Lettuce.....0.8 - 0.85
Cucumber..0.7 - 0.8
Tomato.......0.6 - 0.7
Potato.......0.5 - 0.6
Soy............0.4 - 0.5
Corn..........0.2 - 0.4

5 years ago

Okay....I see. This does raise a bit of a problem, when the game gives you desert world only......

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Honestly, Villfuk, I think an update may have broken this mod, or something. Because i'm seeing rapeseed in with the corn, and corn and potato are spawning together all over the map, period. No lettuce, cucumber, tomato or soy at all.

Until i'm convinced it's possible to get those proper plants needed for farming, i'm probably gonna stop using this mod.

5 years ago

So.. you have increased the spawn frequency/size when making a new world?
That setting isn't perfect, because it prefers some plant types. If yes, then the best I can do is remove the setting.

5 years ago

And if your world is mostly desert, you should have the most trouble with rapeseed

5 years ago

To some extent, but I managed to find it without trouble.

I tried it once at regular setting, and then tried cranking the settings up to various degrees. Corn, Potato and Rapeseed only.

5 years ago

I was testing it on both mostly desert and mostly grass worlds and I always managed to find all 7 plants in 5000x5000 area around spawn. But I will redo the plant generation in the next update.
Thank you very much for your feedback

5 years ago

I've been using the Will o Wisp mod in my stuff. It's possible that might be causing problems?

5 years ago

I see no way these mods would interfeer.

5 years ago

Btw, Omniwood clashes with this mod, and replaces the drops from wild greens with 1 omnifused wood, instead of the actual drop. Now, I know I can flick a setting to make it not do this, but a bit of support for that mod would be good, so I can have my complicated omniwood, but also have wild produce.

5 years ago

Should be fixed in 0.16.14

New response