Fluidic Power

Overhauls the power network to use the game's built-in fluid system in an attempt to make electricity more realistic. Adds working transformers for high power transmission, and creates various new and interesting power distribution challenges. Similar to the mods Flow Network and High Voltage, but significantly different by being the first mod that uses no on-tick power calculations. This means the UPS impact should be minimal for non-gigantic bases.

Content
23 days ago
Power

g Compatibility with Utilization Monitor Blargh

19 days ago
(updated 19 days ago)

I stumbled upon the titled mod and it partially works with Fluidic Power (when poles are placed via robots and blueprints). The mod displays the utilization of machines... as in what percent they are busy over an interval of time. I think the info for the poles is relevant, not as in how much power... but how busy the poles are.

I am not sure why it has issues when I place the pole by hand, it would be great if it worked by manual placement too. Would this a Fluidic Power issue or an issue with the Utilization Monitor mod?

link: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/UtilizationMonitorBlargh

19 days ago

This is due to the hacky tricks I have to do when placing a power pole, which is probably not ideal yet. I'm creating the hidden generators in the pole "silently" so that other mods don't interfere with it. That's why it doesn't work when placing it by hand. But when placing by blueprint, for some reason, the blueprint knows about the hidden entities. I can't recall if this is by design or not. But because it's part of the blueprint, when it's placed other mods will know about it, and then it works.

I understand that this would be nice to have, but I don't think I'll change the behaviour now. That part of the mod is very finicky, and I'll likely rewrite it completely when 2.0 comes out anyway. If all goes well though then the mod you linked will probably not work at all though XD. But when Fluidic Power is stable again after 2.0 I might consider something like this.

Thanks for the suggestion though, always appreciate the feedback :)

New response