Fluid Must Flow

Adds very large pipes with enormous throughput capabilities.

Content
10 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics Fluids

i Are you adding support for the valves from Flow control as ducts?

4 years ago

Apologies if it's already done if I also load Flow control, but is there support for the special valves and pipes from flow control in "Duct" size?

Now that the devs are droping the new fluid system, it's imperative for this to work properly.

As I understand it so far, making sure the pipes are full assures maximun flow. I've been using oveflow pipes to ensure my pipe sections wouldn't hold less fluid that full. That, along with ducts would make it possible to solve the fluid issues we have for long distances.

4 years ago

I'm refering to the top-up valve to be availiable as a duct, and for the overflow valve to be availiable as a duct.
Also, you have no duct compatible tank in the mod.

Thank you for your reply ans support.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

Mod implement a non return part that work as valve, also u can connect an outtake and intake consecutively, that can be connected to circuit network and be managed, also can be instructed to be a top-up. Do u refer to another thing?

4 years ago

Yes, you could do them with circuits and 2 entities but its gimmicky and not performant.
Also no comment on a potential compatibble storage tank.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

I don't understand what u mean with "Also no comment on a potential compatibble storage tank"... anyway...
I don't agree with the fact that is gimmicky and not performant, circuits network exist for this situations and this possible without use LUA code, two entities for the quantity of entities that the game process each tick compared to how much time this usecase must be appliend on the fluid network is very insignificant.
I will consider this in future if we got time, now we are working with all our resources to Krastorio 2, and this is a low priority feature for me.

4 years ago

Ok, thank you. It also makes sense to have simillar pieces to flow control mod, because yes, you could wire up all the valves from flow control with pumps and circuit control, but it is cleaner and faster with dedicated pieces. It also makes for cleaner layouts, and that makes it easier for the player to make sense of what's the purpose of the layout (a huge problem with all circuit network builds - identification)

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant about adding a liquid storage tank that connects to a large duct directly, and not just connecting 2 vanilla tanks through an interface piece. Not sure if Krastorio has such a tank, but if it does please push it to this mod.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

The problem is only that each building need a sprites and require much time.

4 years ago

if you manage to find the time that would be amazing. your ducts are beautiful

3 years ago

Hi Linver.

I already wanted to open an extra post.
But it has already been mentioned here ...

If it is possible at some point, I would also be happy to have a large tank where I can connect the large pipes directly.
I imagine a large liquid reservoir, suitable for this mod itself. I think these huge aqueduct tubes are really cool!
Krastorio is also included in my modpack. And I connected these pipes to my oil processing plant at the exits of the refineries. But I would like to put these pipes in a large tank. I use the large tanks from Krastorio, but the pipe connections between the large and small pipes only allow the liquid to flow in one direction. (No backflow)
I like to flood the pipes.

Do you know what i mean?
Flow Controll is a great addition to this mod.
And vanilla.
I like to play with both.
I would be happy if you could (maybe) make a reservoir for this mod at some point ...

Greetings
Illyria