Constructron-Continued

by ILLISIS

An automated Spidertron; has the ability to move, set logistic requests, construct, deconstruct, repair and upgrade entities/blueprints of any size, anywhere on the map with items from your logistic network for the ultimate fire and forget automation and megabase quality of life experience with unmatched scaling potential.

Tweaks
2 months ago

i Construction Planner-like features

1 year, 2 months ago

Would like to have either support for integration with Construction Planner or add features like it, where we can manually approve ghosts for a more controlled process of building blueprints.

For reference
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ConstructionPlannerContinued/discussion/63e7e75cbb9599424d1025fb

1 year, 1 month ago

Hey mate

Same here, we either need on_entity_force_changed or a remote call to put the entities into the construction queue

1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks, I've created a post in Modding interface requests forum. Feel free to correct me or add anything.

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=105467

1 year, 1 month ago

'ello both :)

@ILLISIS Regarding remote call, that would probably be faster way to move forward as it is, so maybe the two of us could look into doing some integration. So... I haven't had much experience with this, so I'm now looking at possible options. I guess it would be roughly one of the following three:

1. Construction Planner creates custom event (for on_entity_force_changed), and provides remote interface for fetching the event ID so other mods could listen to it.
  2. Construction Planner provides remote interface for registering callback functions to invoke when force changes.
  3. Constructron provides remote interface for passing-in list of entities that should be taken into account for (re)scanning/calculating the path.

So, I think option (1) looks the cleanest to me, and maybe future-proof (should a proper event get introduced into the game engine). It also feels kinda right (reacting on event).

Option (2) is kinda a variation on (1), not sure if there's any drawbacks to using custom events vs this type of integration.

Option (3) is probably the least interesting, unless you think you could use something like that with other mods that would like to signal Constructron to recalculate pathing etc in some way (like for prioritising specific areas).

So, got any opinions on this one? :)

Best regards,
Branko