Thermal Solar Power

Adds the ability to build an early to mid game thermal solar complex with built-in energy storage for the night with varied features.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Power

g Bug: game crashes on build with robots

5 years ago

Hi there.

Deconstructing or replacing Solar Panels with robots results in a fatal game crash.

5 years ago

As far as I can tell, the crash (or at least a crash with the same preconditions) occurs here:

The mod Thermal solar power caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event CW-thermal-solar-power::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
CW-thermal-solar-power/control.lua:65: in function <CW-thermal-solar-power/control.lua:58>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__CW-thermal-solar-power
/control.lua:65: in function <CW-thermal-solar-power/control.lua:58>

5 years ago

Changing line 65 to the following seems to fix the problem:
global.CW_Thermal_solar_panel_table[x] = nil

Linver β˜†
5 years ago

Hi guys, sorry for considering the problem only now. I try deconstructing or replacing thermal solar panels with robots, but I don't occur in any problems, could u give me more details about that? Like other mods that u use with this. Anyway, I testing the mrudat solution and I see that don't change the behavior of mod so I decide to modify that line in the mod for "potentially" fixing this problem

5 years ago

Revising the code and the error I found out that the line 65 could cause in a very rare event an error (only when a panel is deconstructed in the exact same tick it is updated) I decided to remove line 65 entirely since it was not essential to the program

New response