Blueprint Primer - exact item requests


Prime a furnace, assembler or chest with the exact ingredients and fuel amounts its recipe needs, down to a partial stack. Chests also take exact item counts. Drag over a row, ghost or built, to prime every machine of one kind, or stamp primed blueprints. Boilers, burner drills and locomotives get just the fuel. Construction robots deliver the item request.

Utilities
8 days ago
1.1 - 2.1
73
Logistic network Manufacturing Blueprints

i Chests

8 days ago

I love this feature. I've been doing it the hard way for quite a while and this makes it so much easier.

I also, doing it the hard way, like to 'prime' a machine with a connected chest. for example, if I want a foundry to start by making 4 foundries I have to set it with 200 carbide. Stack size allows only 50. Make a chest next to it with ghosts for the full 200, along with the rest needed for 4 foundries, and it's all done.

Can this ability, 'priming' chests, be added to the mod.

Also, it seems to work fine in 2.1 w/o changes. I haven't tried anything with the fuel_category/fuel_categories change, however.

8 days ago

Hey Chindraba, This is a good idea. Thanks for feedback. I'll work on it. -bits

8 days ago

All right, I have pushed a new update. This issue should be fixed. I have also released it to 2.1.

Version: 0.3.4
Date: 2026-09-27
Features:
- Chests can be primed. Point the tool at a wooden, iron or steel chest, ghost or built, and its window opens with two modes: Recipe, which works exactly like a machine's, and Items, which lists individual items and counts instead. A chest feeding a machine through an inserter opens straight onto that machine's recipe.
- Items mode: add a row for each item you want, and set it with Half, Max, a slots slider, or an exact count, up to what the chest holds beside the other rows.
Changes:
- Dragging the primer tool now also lights up chests, and a drag over a row of chests primes them all, the same way a row of machines already worked. A drag centred on a chest skips other chests, not nearby machines, and the other way round.
- Clicking a logistic chest, or hovering one with ALT + P, now explains that logistic chests can't be primed, instead of doing nothing.
Bugfixes:
- A group's area Blueprint now also carries other already-primed machines and chests standing in the dragged area, not only the group itself; their requests were silently dropped before.
- Fixed a fixed-recipe read that returns a different type on Factorio 2.1, ahead of a future 2.1 release.

8 days ago
(updated 8 days ago)

Excellent work. Great tool.
Storage chest can be primed in blueprints and when they are ghosts. Something I've done when doing it the 'hard way'. I ghost build a storage chest in remote view out of roboport range and prime in the ghost items. Then I either make a print for it, or copy it and paste it inside roboport range. It gets built and loaded according to the ghosts placed in it. I haven't tried any of the other logistic chests.
The nice thing about primed storage chests is that the set filter is ignored when placing the ghosted stuff. I can have a storage chest set to stone, and prime it with a bit of coal and jump-start a smelter stack before the bots get the coal belt built.
When I mix contents like that I prefer to put the off-filter stuff in the last slots just so I can see them get filled, and then used.

0eNqNUltugzAQvMt+O1VDgBaknKRCyJAttYpt4gcqQr5710BJKrVS5B97PLMzu/YMTe9xMEI5KGcQrVYWyrcZrOgU7yOmuEQowTpteIeH9gOtg8BAqAt+QXkMFQNUTjiBq3Q5TLXyskFDBPZ3CQaDtqTSKrpQpdfjU8ZgIgVtyMDg1ROxfhe9Q2Mjy2IbBavPTwAGO+MXurm23DTkweDqeU/BCFLaSGqOQavlwA2nXISeF8DHSZBayEEbMjdaRgX3o7AQKlp051Bubpe7ETmvOutQHbRBuNFiplqokeaizbSF3E9kZR1vP6FMX3b/7Dmw/1j5Q6zsIVZ6z6pCbG+NTd3cPgaDkaa7PFSWJ0WWJmmRF8XplITwDTDcv+0=

Requires 2.1.20 to read.

New response