Auto Deconstruct

by mindmix

This mod marks drills that have no more resources to mine for deconstruction.

Utilities
5 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Mining

b [Fixed in base game] Last ore is lost

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Your mod sets the deconstruction marker so fast that the mining drill has no chance to output its last ore. Lets say, i have a mini ore patch with 10 ores: When the last ore is mined, your mod kicks in and i got only 9 ores. The last one is vanished as soon as the bots deconstruct the mine. If i remove the deconstruction marker the miner puts the last ore out.

Edit: words...

5 years ago

Pinging on this issue. I reported it as a Factorio issue here, but, well, read the responses there.

1 year, 4 months ago

Confirming this as still a bug. On "normal" ores, it's not that much of an issue, but when you are using omni compression to compress the ores before mining, you wait 15 minutes for that last ore to not get mined. Initially, I noted it as a bug with omni, but then confirmed that it happens with vanilla ores, too, you just don't notice 1 ore per miner out of a patch of millions.

robot256 ☆
1 year, 3 months ago

Looks like Factorio 1.1.75 will have a fix that might correct this. Will see after that if additional logic/API changes are needed.

1 year, 3 months ago

Thanks!

robot256 ☆
1 year, 3 months ago

This is fixed in Factorio 1.1.75. The player or robots collect the last ore during the process of deconstructing the drill. No change needed to this mod!

1 year, 2 months ago

So now the drill outputs the last ore into the logi network, instead of onto the belt?

Can we get a fix so that the last ore goes onto the belt instead?

1 year, 2 months ago

I agree with illiander42. I think that this should be corrected so that the last resource has been output from the miner before the miner is flagged as ready for deconstruction. Or at the very least give us the option in the mod settings.

1 year, 1 month ago

Can we get a fix so that the last ore goes onto the belt instead?

Current behavior of leaving the last ore introduces an issue to Krastoro2 where its' uranium ores give radioactive damage to the player:-)

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

With the vanilla engine fix, my bots always need two trips for any mining drill (or two bots get busy instead of one). It's not the end of the world, but it is… annoying. Because this also means my inventory gets filled (slowly, granted) with ore I don't want there.

As slight delay would, I'm pretty sure, fix it, or most of it (of course, if the Lua API supplies info on whether ore is still to be put on a belt, that would be preferred).

New response