|Created:||1 year, 4 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.2.16 (5 months ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.15 - 0.16|
Tired of walking or waiting for trains? This quality mod adds a helicopter to the game.
Comes with custom animations and sounds, a machine gun, a rocket launcher, heli pads and a remote control.
The energy consumption is very high, so rocket fuel is recommended for max flight time and speed.
Adds a new research that you have to unlock before you can build it.
Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky.
To start the engine, press Shift+E. To stop and land, press Shift+Q. You can also change these controls in the settings.
You can increase the flight height by using the up and down arrows.
You can activate the floodlight at night by pressing Shift+L.
The remote control works by placing it in your armor grid, a small button will appear in the top left corner that opens the remote gui, or press Shift+G.
Shift+F will send the nearest helicopter to you.
Please feel free to report any bugs, but make sure I'm able to reproduce. That means clear, repeatable steps or a savefile (if possible, without any other mods).
Powered by Factorio-Stdlib.
- Added mute button to gauge gui.
- Updated russian translation (thanks to @Schmarotzer).
- Fixed that players could dispatch a heli (Shif+F) without remote equipment.
- Fixed graphical errors in 0.16.37 (thanks to @Carnivale).
- Updated russion locals (thanks to @Schmarotzer).
- Added italian locals (thanks to @marxx).
- Deal damage to passengers in crashes and explosions (damage multiplier in settings).
- Added setting to prevent remote auto-landing when player inside.
- Heli selection gui now auto-selects last selected heli when opened.
- Fixed error when heli destroyed by high speed landing.
- Fixed error when changing runtime-global setting.
- Added animated instrument pannel that shows fuel, speed, height and engine rpm. Configurable in settings.
- Added optional fuel alert, activate in settings.
- Removed obsolete "pushable" flags.
- Fixed that player gets trapped when exiting heli while Bob's Character classes is installed (thanks to @jarquafelmu).
- Added russian translation (thanks to @IgorLutiy).
- Added Shift+F hotkey to send nearest heli to player.
- Added Shift+G hotkey to open remote gui.
- Added default zoom settings for heli and helipad guis.
- Fixed crash when heli destroyed while under remote control (thanks to @Rynvar).
- Reactivate all inserters when heli destroyed, set all newly built inserters to active to prevent zombies (thanks to @tekin).
- Added german translation (thanks to @ST-DDT).
- Fixed error when mining heli pad that was built in 0.15.
- Deactivate nearby inserters while flying (configurable in settings).
- Optimized map marker refresh code.
- Marker sorting during refresh skipped past certain treshold to avoid having to rebuild gui.
- Fixed sort func callback bug in markerSelectionGui (thanks to @tanuki_san and @M1r_k0).
- Added search field to map marker gui (enable auto focus in settings).
- Added tooltips to guis. Added release months to changelog (thanks to @SuicidalKid).
- Fixed error when heli destroyed while having a driver (thanks to @LuziferSenpai).
- Added changelog.txt. Fixed nil value and metatable bugs (thanks to @LuziferSenpai).
- 0.16 compatibility. Changed landed collider to new custom collider that ejects trapped players and should work much nicer with inserters.
- Added belt immunity.
- Compatibility with "NewOldConcrete" mod.
- Compatibility update for "New Game+" mod.
- Decreased heli pad selection box size, to ensure that a landed helicopter is always selectable.
- Made heli recipe more expensive.
- Added floodlight. Press Shift+L to activate at night.
- Remote control will cancel when targeted player enters heli.
- Fixed bug with metatables.
- Fixed bug when loading save
- Added remote control for helis.
- Added heli pads.
- Switched to state based model for helis which results in much cleaner code.
- General code refactoring.
- Changed default controls to Shift+E and Shift+Q for up/down (will not change if you had a previous version installed), due to an issue where you could not move up and down while placing ghosts.
- Fixed issue with trains stopping.
- Increased turret rotation speed.
- Fixed that fuel level can go into negative when hovering.
- Partial fix for inserters accessing wrong entity.
- Compatibility update for Vehicle Grid mod.
- Small fix that prevents a glitch when mining a helicopter while not having enough inventory space.
- Fixed loading error with AAI mod.
- Heli will consume fuel at all times when in air.
- Fixed excessive pollution.
- Updated short description. Heli will land if you jump out of it.
- Looks pretty weird on the map. This is because it consists of up to 7 entities at the same time, some of them spinning, which are required as workarounds due to the limitations of the modding system.
- Landed collider and smoke may be slightly out of place.
- No rear rotor and gun turret animation, to be honest you'll hardly notice it.
- You can land on water. However you can't exit the helicopter. If you mine it while above water, you die instantly.
- Belts will move the heli around even in air.
- You may get stuck when exiting the helicopter before it is fully landed. Simply enter and exit the vehicle again to get freed.
- Probably some other minor things I forgot.