|Created:||1 year, 9 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.2.17 (2 months ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.15 - 0.16|
Tired of walking or waiting for trains? This quality mod adds a helicopter to the game.
Comes with custom animations and sounds, a machine gun, a rocket launcher, heli pads and a remote control.
The energy consumption is very high, so rocket fuel is recommended for max flight time and speed.
Adds a new research that you have to unlock before you can build it.
Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky.
Shift+E and Shift+Q - Start and Land.
Up and Down Arrows - Increase and Decrease flight height.
Shift+L - Floodlight (at night).
If you have the remote control in your armor grid:
Shift+G - Open the remote control panel (there is also a small button in the top left corner).
Shift+F - Send the nearest helicopter to you.
Please feel free to report any bugs, but make sure I'm able to reproduce. That means clear, repeatable steps or a savefile (if possible, without any other mods).
Powered by Factorio-Stdlib.
- Added japanese local (thanks to shela).
- Fuel gauge is now full at 10min flight time, beeps at 2min, quick beeps at 30s.
- Changed heli remote recipe & tech to be accessible earlier in the game.
- Changed heli pad to use refined concrete, added hr version. Personally I think the new concretes are really awful but I gotta stick to the theme.
- Fixed that fuel beep mute button would disappear depending on gui scale.
- Fixed heli tech prerequisits (it was possible to research it without being able to build one).
- Fixed error when entering "[" in map marker gui.
- Fixed error when opening heli selection gui while no helis built.
- Added mute button to gauge gui.
- Updated russian translation (thanks to @Schmarotzer).
- Fixed that players could dispatch a heli (Shif+F) without remote equipment.
- Fixed graphical errors in 0.16.37 (thanks to @Carnivale).
- Updated russion locals (thanks to @Schmarotzer).
- Added italian locals (thanks to @marxx).
- Deal damage to passengers in crashes and explosions (damage multiplier in settings).
- Added setting to prevent remote auto-landing when player inside.
- Heli selection gui now auto-selects last selected heli when opened.
- Fixed error when heli destroyed by high speed landing.
- Fixed error when changing runtime-global setting.
- Added animated instrument pannel that shows fuel, speed, height and engine rpm. Configurable in settings.
- Added optional fuel alert, activate in settings.
- Removed obsolete "pushable" flags.
- Fixed that player gets trapped when exiting heli while Bob's Character classes is installed (thanks to @jarquafelmu).
- Added russian translation (thanks to @IgorLutiy).
- Added Shift+F hotkey to send nearest heli to player.
- Added Shift+G hotkey to open remote gui.
- Added default zoom settings for heli and helipad guis.
- Fixed crash when heli destroyed while under remote control (thanks to @Rynvar).
- Reactivate all inserters when heli destroyed, set all newly built inserters to active to prevent zombies (thanks to @tekin).
- Added german translation (thanks to @ST-DDT).
- Fixed error when mining heli pad that was built in 0.15.
- Deactivate nearby inserters while flying (configurable in settings).
- Optimized map marker refresh code.
- Marker sorting during refresh skipped past certain treshold to avoid having to rebuild gui.
- Fixed sort func callback bug in markerSelectionGui (thanks to @tanuki_san and @M1r_k0).
- Added search field to map marker gui (enable auto focus in settings).
- Added tooltips to guis. Added release months to changelog (thanks to @SuicidalKid).
- Fixed error when heli destroyed while having a driver (thanks to @LuziferSenpai).
- Added changelog.txt. Fixed nil value and metatable bugs (thanks to @LuziferSenpai).
- 0.16 compatibility. Changed landed collider to new custom collider that ejects trapped players and should work much nicer with inserters.
- Added belt immunity.
- Compatibility with "NewOldConcrete" mod.
- Compatibility update for "New Game+" mod.
- Decreased heli pad selection box size, to ensure that a landed helicopter is always selectable.
- Made heli recipe more expensive.
- Added floodlight. Press Shift+L to activate at night.
- Remote control will cancel when targeted player enters heli.
- Fixed bug with metatables.
- Fixed bug when loading save
- Added remote control for helis.
- Added heli pads.
- Switched to state based model for helis which results in much cleaner code.
- General code refactoring.
- Changed default controls to Shift+E and Shift+Q for up/down (will not change if you had a previous version installed), due to an issue where you could not move up and down while placing ghosts.
- Fixed issue with trains stopping.
- Increased turret rotation speed.
- Fixed that fuel level can go into negative when hovering.
- Partial fix for inserters accessing wrong entity.
- Compatibility update for Vehicle Grid mod.
- Small fix that prevents a glitch when mining a helicopter while not having enough inventory space.
- Fixed loading error with AAI mod.
- Heli will consume fuel at all times when in air.
- Fixed excessive pollution.
- Updated short description. Heli will land if you jump out of it.
- Landed collider and smoke may be slightly out of place.
- No rear rotor and gun turret animation, to be honest you'll hardly notice it.
- You can land on water. However you can't exit the helicopter. If you mine it while above water, you die instantly.
- You may get stuck when exiting the helicopter before it is fully landed. Simply enter and exit the vehicle again to get freed.
- Probably some other minor things I forgot.