Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b A new conflict with the 0.8.2 update of prospector and reverse-factory 3.3.6.

7 years ago

The 0.8.2 version of prospector does not work with reverse-factory 3.3.6.
With either one of them disabled factorio starts up successfully.
With previous version of prospector it also worked.
But with 0.8.2 and 3.3.6 they produce the following message when trying to load:

Error while loading recipe prototype "rf-prospector" (recipe): No such node (icon)
Modifications: reverse-factory

7 years ago

Prospector has a tint on item icons now. The 'icon' property of the items has changed to 'icons' with additional tint info included. Relevant discussion here:
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=240647#p240647

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Fixed my local version, simple but it works for me. Replace lines 41-51 of data-final-fixes.lua with

<pre>local new_recipe if elt.icon then new_recipe = { type = "recipe", name = "rf-" .. name, icon = elt.icon, category = "recycle", hidden = "true", energy_required = 30, ingredients = {{name, count}}, results = recipe.ingredients } else new_recipe = { type = "recipe", name = "rf-" .. name, icons = elt.icons, category = "recycle", hidden = "true", energy_required = 30, ingredients = {{name, count}}, results = recipe.ingredients } end </pre>

(the <pre>...</pre> is not supposed to be there, I think it's a mod portal bug)

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

The last time I tried doing a simple check like that, it broke the entire loading of Factorio. I'll see if doing the check deeper in the loop like this causes any issues.

EDIT: Cautiously optimistically fixed in v3.3.7

New response