Yuoki Industries - Engines (Addon)

additional/alternate power generation, MF, agriculture in a different way

Overhaul
1 year, 10 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Is this mod still supported?

4 years ago

Yes, I can see that there is a relatively fresh update im the mods library and the mod is compatible with current version of factorio, but I wonder if the author lost all interest in it, because I'm seeing some serious balance issues.

For example - what Quantrinum Reactor is for? It produces laughable amounts of heated transmission liquid and there seem to be no way to generate any essential amounts of power from it. No where near the cost of the fuel it uses. Meanwhile a single overheater with a bunch or reinsur turbines continuosly produces 250Mwt (it's written it should only give 35mwt, but it really gives 250) and uses very little transmuted UCA, which is not even supposed to be burnable.

Agriculture seems to have very questionable balance to say the least. Alien DNA cost for blue potion chain cost way more than for yellow and purple. I can get a s**tload of yellow and purple potions that normally cost way more resources but I can hardly get cheap blue potions, really? And why frozen exports have like 20 times worse "spent resources to trade effect" ratio than canned ones?

Also, while I'm at it, about Industries mod itself - productivity modules in restructors allow unlimited resource generation now. Not that it was not possible previously (could be done with oil factories always), but it was not so straightforward and efficient.

4 years ago

I play factorio only from time to time some hours. That is clearly not enough to discover all balance issues. Some issues come from updates over the time - some are my own housemade. I'am waiting for factorio final. Factorio updates had in the past hardly interupt/stoped ideas and balance attempts. But of course i will try to fix the biggest problems.

3 years ago

Yes, I can see that there is a relatively fresh update im the mods library and the mod is compatible with current version of factorio, but I wonder if the author lost all interest in it, because I'm seeing some serious balance issues.

For example - what Quantrinum Reactor is for? It produces laughable amounts of heated transmission liquid and there seem to be no way to generate any essential amounts of power from it. No where near the cost of the fuel it uses. Meanwhile a single overheater with a bunch or reinsur turbines continuosly produces 250Mwt (it's written it should only give 35mwt, but it really gives 250) and uses very little transmuted UCA, which is not even supposed to be burnable.

Agriculture seems to have very questionable balance to say the least. Alien DNA cost for blue potion chain cost way more than for yellow and purple. I can get a s**tload of yellow and purple potions that normally cost way more resources but I can hardly get cheap blue potions, really? And why frozen exports have like 20 times worse "spent resources to trade effect" ratio than canned ones?

Also, while I'm at it, about Industries mod itself - productivity modules in restructors allow unlimited resource generation now. Not that it was not possible previously (could be done with oil factories always), but it was not so straightforward and efficient.

Hi phoenix,

I am currently also playing Yuoki and also see balance problems. For example, recipes in Obninsk reactor are messed up - simple recipe gives 50fluid/sec, while the most expensive one gives 200fluid/20sec, i.e. 10/sec.

But those issues in 99% cases can be fixed very easily with minimal modding skills (by creating a mod for a mod). I actually have such custom mod for 1.14 when I was trying to balance Yuoki with Angel's (never published it though) =)

If you have specific proposals that you can list here, I can try to implement them as a separate mod on the portal. And YuokiTani can either reuse it for "the main branch" later or I will depreciate it once the core mod is fixed.

New response