Weapon tweaks PvP (alpha, not working too well) deprecated

Tried to balance PvP so that you can leave your base on hostile world for long time (and go sleep perhaps).

Tweaks
3 years ago

g How does the gameplay compares to the other PvP mods ?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I don't know, also I only made one version of it, so it's not througly tested

But mainly my mod was created quickly just to make bases "defendable" I mean - defences have higher range than weapons, so you can't red-rocket down laser turrets from out of their range. Yellow rockets are slower, but have enough range to safely take down lasers. So at cost of time, you can eventually take down any base. (Actually - now that I think about it - you can't as factorio has construction bots... This mod lacks balancing).
I used it on my server where many people had their own bases aand I wanted them to be able to defend themselves while being offline...

Overall, all chages I made are listed in description. As I mentioned already some balancing of mines is missing in current state of mod.

My main goal was to make step towards how "rust" works I think. Bases are defendable while you're ofline, but not too hard... As for now - mod isn't good even at that, as I think construction bots + laser turrets would be too powerful vs anything, that this mod provides for player. Maybe laser turret creep would work, but I'm not up to update this mod yet, as I'm not interested in it right now.

2 years ago

Interesting, thanks for the description of the logic behind the balancing !

2 years ago

Yeah.
Overall I think I will set up end goal for this mod to give ability to build bases such that they are hard to raid, but it should always be possible to eradicate someone's base, with enough investment.

New response