Warptorio2 Expansion

This mod is an expansion for Warptorio 2. DON'T PANIC! Adds missions on the planets you visit, required to unlock technologies. Also adds some big Bosses, more planets, and a loyal robotic companion.

Content
30 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Environment

b Bugs and questions

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Several things.
-My "Warp Zone" count is stuck at 37, but alerts say we are around warpzone 50 or so. Not sure what that is about.

-The Startup settings for starting with initial techs unlock don't work for an existing game. Additionally, it seems to prevent missions from showing up.
I am not sure why that is in Startup, because it doesn't appear to modify the techs. Why not in Map?

-What exactly determines how long warps take? I kinda liked the shorter countdowns, and at this point, we have to pretty much hit the warp button as soon as we arrive now. I don't want to go messing with the settings without understanding them.
-Do biters get stronger on each world, because the evolution factor seems to start at 5% now, instead of 0%. I thought it would be a fresh world each time, but your warp reactor's exponential growth would cause them to evolve quicker as you stayed longer and longer at each world.

-Why is Cold/Explosive Biters required? I don't much mind it, but it seems like it should be optional.

-Does the initial lab explode as soon as you do a single project, or just on researching labs? And why isn't labs a requirement for all other techs, or at least all other starting techs?

-On using the "Cheat" command on starting a new game, the following error occurs.
https://pastebin.com/tH6f0YfR - Error
https://pastebin.com/0d5wVe3t - Modlist.

3 years ago

Hi
-Warp Zone count: maybe something about the base mod, not the expansion. Pyro could answer it better
-The Startup settings for starting with initial techs unlock: It is meant to be this way. Missions are set on new games.
-What exactly determines how long warps take? Thats a base mod setting, not the expansion. Pyro could answer it better
-Do biters get stronger on each world: Yes. I do scale difficulty according to the game progress
-Why is Cold/Explosive Biters required? Because I added alien biomes with cold / hot planets. So its all about immersion
-Does the initial lab explode as soon as you do a single project, or just on researching labs? And why isn't labs a requirement for all other techs, or at least all other starting techs? That lab is just the first mission.
-"Cheat" command: Dont use it. This wont work with the expansion.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

-Why are those in Startup settings then? Startup settings are generally for altering entity data, whereas map is for ingame, map-specific stuff. Also, if you set those settings, missions fail to show up, presumably because the game is confused into thinking you have nothing available to unlock, when those basic techs are still locked.
-Yea, the lab is clearly the first mission, given some of the missions work the same way, albiet at a different location. I was asking if researching something other than Labs would cause it to explode, and why it let you research other stuff. Also, does it have to explode and deal damage? Minor damage, but that was unexpected.
-What exactly happens with the cheat command that causes the error? Why won't it work? I generally use it to make sure there aren't any obvious compatibility issues between mods before starting a playthrough, and any crash is like a bug. That it crashes makes me think the mod has issues with research that would cause me to reject it and assume the mod is broken, and I will eventually end up having to abandon a half-finished map because a critical mod is broken.
-Do biters get stronger on each world: Yes. I do scale difficulty according to the game progress. Is there a setting to adjust this, because me and my friend are kinda slow. XD

3 years ago

I choose startup settings. There is no effect on runtime, because the game set missions on init. So it will stay there.
Yes the lab explodes. Get used to unexpected events on this journey =) Many other things will explode on your face. Lol
About cheat command, you cant use it here. Hard and long story to explain. Just don't.
Biter evolution is hard on warptorio I know. There is no option to change that on this expansion. The mod was developed and balanced accordingly. it was made to make people suffer

New response