Warptorio2 Expansion

This mod is an expansion for Warptorio 2. DON'T PANIC! Adds missions on the planets you visit, required to unlock technologies. Also adds some big Bosses, more planets, and a loyal robotic companion.

Content
23 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Environment

g Minor bug found

4 years ago

Love this expansion! Found a minor bug. The Ship Elevator Tech gave me the Ship Electrical Panel, and the Ship Electrical Tech gave me the Elevator.

4 years ago

ouch. That is a major bug report. Will fix it now

4 years ago

Thats weird. This problem is not happening here. Is your mod updated ?

4 years ago

Looks like I was indeed a little out of date. I'll update it, but now I have both techs, so it's not super obvious if there's an issue. Thanks for looking into it!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Found a mod incompatibility. I installed Vortix Deep core mining mod, and all warp research in all of my saves is unlocked. Is there a console way to re-lock any research that I haven't completed?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

yeah. try this
/c __warptorio2_expansion__ lock_mission_techs()

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thanks. Couple other thoughts as I play through:
-> There is a lot of content/features in this expansion. It'd be great to get some settings to turn on/off specific parts. For example, someone might want the tech, but not the missions, or vise versa.
-> After my last comment, I actually ended up re-disabling the missions as they were starting to get tedious. In particular the droid that's required for the platform upgrades. There's a ton of platform turret upgrades, and the droid moves soo slow. After you complete each mission a couple times, it just feels like drudgery. It might be nice, rather than having all mission types available from the start, to see different mission types appear as you progress, so they stay fresh. Or maybe the missions could slightly change. Different droid types, for example, with different strengths/weaknesses.
-> I just updated, and now see the Marvin panel. I am not sure how to build the head, though. Should that show up in my craft panel? I have the tech.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Oh, and it appears that Marvin is incompatible with the wire shortcut mod.
It removes red and green wire from being a craftable item, and makes it a shortcut in your shortcut panel.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/WireShortcuts
I'd swap out the green wire requirements for something with similar tech, like a combinator.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

For Marvin, the mission that unlocked it gave you a Head. Did you get it ? You could have chrafted more than one in that machine...
You know each mission type created are hundeds of line codes, right ? That is the hard part of the expansion to code. If you have a suggestion to create a new and very nice and different one, please share here. I could make it if is actually "codable". But factorio is this... sometimes it is all the same... In my games, I try to add different challenges with different mods, each play. Add rocket silo construction to this one, for eg, and it will make a great challenge

4 years ago

For Marvin, I definitely don't have it now. I must have missed it, or thought that once I got the tech unlocked, I didn't need the object, so ignored it. Is there any other way for me to get the head?
I wasn't suggesting adding new mission types, just spacing them out differently. So different mission types are "unlocked" as you progress. For things like the platform upgrades, it might make sense to unlock multiple research tiers with each mission, so you don't have to do so many of them. IE, I think it would be better to keep them a little more rare, in order to keep them interesting.

New response