Warptorio2

Factorio but you build your factory in a restricted space that teleports yourself, the platform, and everything on it to a new and uncharted planet in an unknown corner of space, time and the universe while constantly under attack from enemies. This mod increases the difficulty of factorio by making construction harder and making biters a more significant threat, resulting in a unique experience of factorio'ing in a tight space and under pressure, almost like a tower defence game.

Overhaul
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Environment

g Difficulty

3 years ago

Im fully aware this Mod is supposed to be more difficult then vanilla and as such i had tried to turn difficulty down a bit to have a chance getting used to the mod but every time i changed the settings to make the enemy less aggressive and have a better chance to get started the mod completely ignored the changes and hit me with default difficulty anyways.

3 years ago

Most difficulty settings are subtle math changes.
And you likely need to warp to the next planet to see any real difference.
E.g. reducing platform pollution in the settings doesn't change or reset how much pollution has already been emitted.

3 years ago

i did set all the difficulty settings before even starting on the first planet so it should have taken them in to account fromt he beginnign but i can see it doesnt do it and i was trying to set the enemy to not attack on the first planet as the modpack im using the mod in forces me to stay until a spawned research station is fixed and i unlocked to build my own otherwise it will prevent me from making any progress but the biters where attacking based ond efault settings enyways even if i disabled it completly

2 years ago

I found the difficulty settings you guys talk about and... although I appreciate how customizable everything is, can you dumb it down for us cavemen... like "high=hard, low=easy". Because this gets very technical here...

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

like "high=hard, low=easy". Because this gets very technical here...

Sadly, Factorio does not offer anything to make mod setting presets or even save/reload presets.

The different settings are there to specify the difficulty curves.
Yes it can be quite technical.
It is never as simple as high=hard and low=easy because there can be different subsets of difficulties within the difficulties.
i.e you can have 1 biter attack every 2 seconds, or you can have 100 biters attack every 200 seconds: These may sound equivalent, but the 100 biter wave is much more likely to overwhelm you because they are coming all at once, so they are definitely not equivalent. Balancing things like this necessitates rather fine controls over the difficulty curve, in fact there are several limiters and multipliers and whatnot that are not settings because they're not as important as the ones that are.

As it stands, brutal difficulty is only difficulty.
That's the challenge.

New response