Underground Storage Tank

by fgardt

Adds a large buried storage tank with a capacity of 250k (configurable). Since they are mostly underground you can easily walk / drive over them. Additionally you can select if you want the more vanilla looking opaque top with fill indicator, completely closed top or a transparent one with custom internal fluid animation by changing a startup setting.

Content
26 days ago
Logistics Fluids

i [REJECTED] Diggin

8 months ago

Hello, i very much like this idea, but i think it cries for to a bunch of stones afterward do deal with (probably as optinon)

8 months ago

Yeah I thought about that. The issue is tho that you would somehow need to make sure that you can‘t just simply place, mine, place, mine, … the same tank over and over again to essentially get free stone :/

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Maybe deleting the tank, instead of giving it back might be a good offset if they try to get it back up. IE the tank is collapsed into the ground and just paved over in case of removal.

But you would still trade the mats for the tank for stone...

8 months ago

So if you misplace the tank by a tile or rebuild with bots somewhere you just lost the tank item because you got ~100 stone/landfill for it?
Not sure if I like that. Seems like a big nuisance to me.

8 months ago

Tank buildsite (Step 1) first, that's removable, then the tank buildsite (Step 2), not removeable, produce stone like a miner, when finished turn into finished tank that don't return anything when removed.

8 months ago

Cool ideas, but imo waaayyy outside the scope of a mod like this. Consider vanilla rocket silo, which also leaves behind no trace.

8 months ago

Thinking about this trouble of free stones again ......

• the hardest : make this tanks not mineable...... (so at least one dont place them just at a whim)
  • adding the stones & some other bits to even build this tank which then level out
  • after mining leave a not useable tile (water?), probably a like some bigger area areound the tank ?, which then will need some landfill (which then could be leveled out); i think this would be the best in this case and not to unrealistic

for some mods which uses ie crushed stones - you can also use this crushed stones to be gotten when placing this tank

8 months ago
  • not mineable: would be incredibly annoying to work with
  • stones in recipe: you can mine and place a tank unlimited amount of times so it wouldn't really fix anything
  • filling the hole with a special / water tile could be a thing but having it bigger than the tank will not work since you could place other things there and having those destroyed would also be pretty annoying

All of that said: I can think of a way to make it work nicely when I get to make my overhaul mod. So I would add a special compatibility mode that gets enabled when my overhaul is also detected. Tho that can still take quite a while until I get anywhere near a release.

New response