Territory Claim

You will have to pay for territory in this planet! Each terrain lot has a price you have to pay in items. Compatible with other mods that creates teams forces for pvp/pve. Now with terrain dispute.

Content
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Environment

i cell sizes

4 years ago

would be great if the sizes of claimable cells could be configured
maybe also a price modifier and a modifier that scales with distance
this mod may have some great potential

4 years ago

Hi, Would you like it to be smaller or bigger ? It is easy configurable, but only at start of a new game. But I'd like to hear why bigger or smaller
Distance price modifier is already there. The far you go, the expensive it is. Also, it is modified by an area with too much water (reduced price) and with minerals (raised prices)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Most interesting factor of this claim concept is to me, that there is limited space to build and that one might have to be careful not to waste too much resources to afford the next claim.
The challenge is what makes it interesting!!!

Having to build in a tight place and looking forward for more territory.
Would go for 1 chunk big cells (32x32 tiles).

Would also calculate the price depending on entities within the chunk.
The price might be reduced if there are "bad" things like biters, cliffs or water.
The price might go up if there are resources.
Would count all entities in the chunk and make up prices.
Distance would not even be necessary then since one could just use the resource amount.

Also would make them more expensive the more chunks that you own.
Could be something like a 2% or more increase per chunk owned.
This way the claims could be very cheap in the early game and get infinitely expensive the more are owned.

4 years ago

My fisrt test was to make sectors by 1 chunck, but when I saw the red tiny little square, I thought it should be 5x5.
But of course, the best solution is a mod option for that. So anyone can adjust to his taste.
But that will be a problem if the user changes that number

4 years ago

Hi. Your mod is interesting but lacks challenge. Initial free area size is way way way too big. i would like to set up starting area less smaller. In previous versions I managed to reduce starting area in control file. But now i can't. Challenge would be to slowly progress by space constrain even if ores is in other chunks. Reminds me of room scenario witch is abandoned but your mod is way better :) . May i ask where I can reduce starting area in files. Thank you. Keep good work. Sorry for my bad English :)

4 years ago

But what if the starting minerals are outide your tiny starting area ? How small were you setting the starting area?

4 years ago

I was mining by hand. Even when prices was high and with damage over time turned on. I even reduced time to 3 seconds for damage over time :). It was rely satisfying when I buy first area 2x2 chunks where is part of copper ore that I missed from the start. I managed to reduce starting size on this version also, but I can't change 3x3 starting grid. I wish there could be a way to reduce starting area by 2x2 or even 1x1. Again sorry for my English :) great mod :)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

My starting setup was 3x2 * 3x2 area where chunks are set to 2x2 and free land was ( 3 area x2 chunks) x (3 area x2 chunks) (36 total).

4 years ago

Ohhh my... you got minerals by hand ??? ouch... that is brave. And you saw that now if you have to buy an area with minerals that is much expensive.... braver
I got your intentions. I have added a minimal starting area, but seeing your playstyle, I will let it free configurable next version.

4 years ago

many thanks :)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Sorry to bother you. But, initial free area size can it be smaller or configurable? Let say one chunk. I am playing space block and your mod works fine. But, free area is too big because the mod is relaying on slowly expansion by placing landfill. Also it would be great for let say Sea block. Thank you for your work :)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Done. Update and then change mod settings "free territory" to zero
Also, for seablock, disable "reduce prices for terrain with water"

4 years ago

Thanks :) . But now you have a bug. If -free initial area size- is equal or greater than -territory size- mod doesn't work any more. Example 1:1 settings or 2:1 and so on ...

4 years ago

Fixed

4 years ago

Thank you very much ! :)

New response