Tarantulator

Spidertron not enough for you? Try the nuclear powered Tarantulator instead! It's bigger, badder, and has a giant laser

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

i Bob's compatibility ?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hey i just want to nicely ask if there's an easy compatibility fix for bob's if installed ? I Would be really like. Thanks in advance

3 years ago

There isn't

Tell me what to change and I will put it in the base mod

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

not sure what to add so i asked after that from bob's discord

3 years ago

https://discordapp.com/channels/@me/736420985934315591/745467907177447465
This should add the resistances, just need to add the unit name to the table at the top, and the ##'s for the resistance types.

3 years ago

I'm not in this server I can't see this

3 years ago

local unit_to_add_resist = {"tarantulator"}
local ent = data.raw['spider-vehicle']
if mods["bobenemies"] then
for _,unit in pairs(unit_to_add_resist) do
if ent[unit] then --check that the entity exists
if not ent[unit].resistances then ent[unit].resistances = {} end
ent[unit].resistances[#ent[unit].resistances+1]={type = "plasma", decrease = 6, percent = 50}
ent[unit].resistances[#ent[unit].resistances+1]={type = "bob-pierce", decrease = 6, percent = 50}
end
end
end

This should add the resistances, just need to add the unit name to the table at the top, and the ##'s for the resistance types. Hope this can help

3 years ago

Okay I added it. The code I ended up using was

if mods.bobenemies then
table.insert(data.raw['spider-vehicle']['tarantulator'].resistances, {type = 'plasma', decrease = 6, percent = 50})
table.insert(data.raw['spider-vehicle']['tarantulator'].resistances, {type = 'bob-pierce', decrease = 6, percent = 50})
end

Just because it's a bit more readable

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Ok. I really can't code so to it tells me some thing but i don't get the total out of it.

Also i forgot to say it's not my code either.
Thanks a lot anyway

3 years ago

I am getting an error when loading a game after updating to the latest version. I have a tarantulator spawned in my save game. This crash occurs when trying to load the save game.

Error while applying migration: Tarantulator: 1.3.4.lua
tarantulator/migrations/1.3.4.lua:5:attempt to index global 'entity' (a nil value)
stack trace:
tarantulator/migrations/1.3.4.lua:5:in main chunk

Looks like the entity here is nil. Haven't done Factorio mods (and haven't coded in lua in a couple years).
global.tarantulators[entity.unit_number] = spider

3 years ago

This is now fixed

3 years ago

This is now fixed

Awesome, thank you! I got around it by just deleting the for loop lol :)
I'll update the mod now. I love it!

New response