Tarantulator

Spidertron not enough for you? Try the nuclear powered Tarantulator instead! It's bigger, badder, and has a giant laser

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

i Can you do it?

3 years ago

Hello, can you help me, please?
I need a mod who change vanilla spidertron:

New recipe: 100 processing unit, 16 Missile control unit, 200 steel, 150 low density structure, 1 nuclear reactor, 2 fusion reactors, 1 satellite, 8 module of efficiensy 3, 16 exoskeleton, 2 machine guns and 2 rocket launchers, radar.

1 - replace 2 grenade launchers with machine guns (2 machine guns and 2 rocket launchers). When firing automatically, fire is fired only from machine guns or from a rocket launcher.
2 - fuel only uranium fuel cells.
3 - without fuel, the speedertron moves at half speed.
With fuel, the speed is 100% of the standard.
Maximum consumption 1.5 mW. (like 2 fusion reactors)
(My idea is that the spider can work for 2 fusion reactors from the recipe, but not at full strength.
And nuclear fuel from the reactor should supplement its needs, but not be used as the main source of energy.)
4 - The trunk and the net are unchanged.
5 - Leave a vanilla look.

I did not find the config I needed among the available mods.
I don't want to learn how to create modifications.
It's pretty cool if you can get it to work. Thanks you.

3 years ago

New recipe: 100 processing unit, 16 Missile control unit, 200 steel, 150 low density structure, 1 nuclear reactor, 2 fusion reactors, 1 satellite, 8 module of efficiensy 3, 16 exoskeleton, 2 machine guns and 2 rocket launchers, radar.

1 - replace 2 grenade launchers with machine guns (2 machine guns and 2 rocket launchers). When firing automatically, fire is fired only from machine guns or from a rocket launcher.
(My idea is that the spider can work for 2 fusion reactors from the recipe, but not at full strength.
And nuclear fuel from the reactor should supplement its needs, but not be used as the main source of energy.)

3 years ago

I'm busy with my own mods right now, sorry

3 years ago

@Shaminehh
- Also don't have the time to do that but wanted to comment on some of the stuff you said;
- 1. The recipe change is do-able;
- 2. To replace the machine guns should be easy, so you can have 2 rocket launchers and 2 machine guns but the problem then is the cycling between guns, you either have that option on or off, from what i know (i haven't checked if it could modify on function);
- 3. This fuel part, made me slightly curios how it could implemented but with my current knowledge, i really don't know.
- 4, 5 is fine.

3 years ago

@Shaminehh
- Also don't have the time to do that but wanted to comment on some of the stuff you said;
- 1. The recipe change is do-able;
- 2. To replace the machine guns should be easy, so you can have 2 rocket launchers and 2 machine guns but the problem then is the cycling between guns, you either have that option on or off, from what i know (i haven't checked if it could modify on function);
- 3. This fuel part, made me slightly curios how it could implemented but with my current knowledge, i really don't know.
- 4, 5 is fine.

Thanks for your reply. I understand that not everyone has time for this. It's just that suddenly somebody sees and wants to do it.

Then the weapon can be replaced with: rocket launcher, machine gun and cannon. (also add them to the recipe)

I don't know how mod creation works, but it can roll back the initial speed up to 50%, and fuel cells will give a 100% boost, thus returning the standard speed.
Or is it possible to add 2 parallel fuel places, but make 1 hidden with infinite fuel, which gives half the required energy.
Perhaps I wrote nonsense in terms of how mods work, but I tried :)

3 years ago

The real issue with trying to change the speed based on the fuel is that the spider will not move at all if the tank is empty

New response