RP Warfare

Adds 11 unique turrets, 3 unique vehicles, some personal weapons, and an optional smelting system. With custom art featuring high-quality renders & animations. Most of the content is aimed towards early & mid game and is balanced around vanilla enemies. There are no "turret level 2's." Each is bespoke with different designs and tradeoffs. Compatible with Space Exploration & Krastorio

Content
4 months ago
Transportation Combat

g [fixed] error with Thekingjo Bulldozer

9 months ago

hello

mod looks fun. but i got an error while also running Thekingjo - bulldozer- mod. something about the organized tech not being able to find an ammo index for the bulldozer.

if I turn off either the bulldozer mod or RP warfare, no problems. i got a screenshot of the error. but i dont know how to post it in here

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

King Jo joins the chat
Here's the screenshot you posted on my Discord
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/854301643101175848/1141036527665827950/Screenshot_2.png

@raspberrypuppies could you make your mod check if a gun has a weapon category in the first place? That would fix this problem.

9 months ago

oh thanks. I didn't know how to do that.

8 months ago

I believe the organized warfare part can be disabled but I haven't tested it in ages. Try booting it up without the other mod, turn it off, then add it.

8 months ago

the organized warfare is responisble for the UI being neatly organized i believe? I do like it because i have al lot of mods active. thus the bulldozer not working is a minor thing.

thanks for your reply. the turrets and all look very cool. I discovered your mod by installing light artillery from snipsnip. the art was yours. looks very modern. then i read into your mod and voila.

8 months ago

Yeah, organized warfare sorts everything. I got really frustrated trying to do it manually.

I'm honestly pretty surprised that Factorio even lets you define a gun without ammo. I thought it would blow up at load.

Thank you for the compliments. I bought the original 3D models as a kind of kit and then assembled and rendered them. It turned out to be a much bigger undertaking than I bargained for.

The next update will add a high-tech Tesla turret that will basically require a nuclear reactor to run. So get excited

8 months ago

I understand. I have 183 mods installed. planes, trains, enemies, rescourses. running an KS2/SE/ BZ game now. and all the things were all over the place. but now i find it almost perfectly organised.

so don't worry about the bulldozer thing. You did a really great job with the artstyle you use. it stands out of the usual factorio art, but in a very good way.
Its my son of 5 who likes fighting the biters. so I try to find fun ways to do so.

When im finally done automating military tech ( big elekctronic parts build...) , im going to automate your turrets.

I can see in my build mode the recepies are not too complicated for the first tiers so that's a nice balance you made.

ah nuclear. never got to the piont i needed one. i have 1200 hours and one rocket launch. and that was with SE where you could do it with just blue science.
but not anymore.

if there is a way to support you let me know. can't do much. bad stroke of luck with basiclly everthing. but im going to have fun with your mod.

so, thank you again.

8 months ago

Honestly comments like this are all I need.

Making mods is very impersonal and it often feels like I'm doing it for no one. I just see a number for "total downloads" and that's it. I don't know what people think of it or hear any of their stories about the mod. I want to set up a mailing list or forum or something to make it a little less lonely.

Thank you for your story. It's heartwarming to know there's a kid fighting biters with their parents with this mod.

8 months ago

maybe a discord channel is a solution? with an invite? or instagram?

i would share my stories with you if you like that. my last comment was supposed to be a short one but when i get excited, i cant stop telling about it. thank you ADHD for it :).

i love factorio and what the people like you can do with it. im no super builder, complex setups are really challenging to me, yet i try my best to make it all work. i have restarted over more an a dozen times.

but mods like yours bring a good thing to a great game, that is a big thing considering factorio is almost perfect. you make it fresh and interesting after 1200 hours. if you pass a mirror, you can say to yourself : well done.

8 months ago

hello again.

saw your recent update. looks cool. is there any other way to contact you? maybe when I get my turrtes automated and a nice defense with your turrets I could sceernshot sent you?

8 months ago

The bug is fixed on my machine. I also added two ways for mod-authors to override my organization.

-- Two ways for overriding the generated output
-- Puts it in the 'foo' category
--data.raw['gun']['kj_bulldozer_gun'].organized_warfare_category = 'foo'
-- Skips the entity entirely
--data.raw['car']['kj_bulldozer'].organized_warfare_ignore = true

I'll set up an official factorio thread in a little bit. I'm getting very close to finishing everything I set out to do with this mod (and some other stuff I didn't plan on). But it's not happening this week thanks to holidays + work schedule.

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Oh. Ill try it on my machine in a while. I added a lot of other mods mainly ERM stuff.

I understand. take your time. no rush. thanks for telling me.
good luck with all of it.

thank you. its working on mine too. you are awesome.

New response