RP Warfare

Adds 11 unique turrets, 3 unique vehicles, some personal weapons, and an optional smelting system. With custom art featuring high-quality renders & animations. Most of the content is aimed towards early & mid game and is balanced around vanilla enemies. There are no "turret level 2's." Each is bespoke with different designs and tradeoffs. Compatible with Space Exploration & Krastorio

Content
4 months ago
Transportation Combat

b [Fixed] Incompatibilities

1 year, 6 months ago

Hi, just want to start out by saying I love the variety and new mechanics added by this mod which is refreshing after using other mods which are just MK upgrades.

I am however running into issues. Running this mod along side Rampant Arsenal throws an error on startup regarding incendiary rockets:

Error while loading item prototype "incendiary-rocket-ammo-rampant-arsenal" (ammo): Key "type" not found in property tree at ROOT.ammo.incendiary-rocket-ammo-rampant-arsenal.ammo_type[1].action

I noticed you had a mod setting for organizing ammo types and I thought that may have been the issue. So I disabled Rampant Arsenal, restarted, disabled the ammo organizing, restarted (Rampant Arsenal still disabled), then I ran into this bug:

Error in assignID: item-subgroup with name 'defensive-structures' does not exist.
Source: rp-cannon (item)

I did notice that your mod was listed under pretty much everything regarding combat including mod added vehicles like the AAI Vehicles Ironclad and many other items added by other mods. One particular case is the Tesla Turret, when reading the mods off the tooltip it shows RP Warfare > Bob's Warfare > RP Warfare. I understand your design of grouping turrets into the different themes but I'm not entirely sure if this mod was intended to be an overhaul?

1 year, 6 months ago

I think the original error about the incendiary-rocket-ammo probably has the same root cause as several of the other incompatibility bug reports. I remove friendly fire from weapons when they're fired by turrets. It's a niche part of the Factorio API and seems to break a lot of things.

The second bug seems to be a simple mistake. I think I used the wrong magic string for the item group. I forgot to test the latest feature release with that setting disabled. There's a lot of permutations of mods + settings to test.

I intend the mod to be a partial overhaul. I'm only interested in modding the military aspects of the game. I feel like trying to make an overhaul allows for a lot more creative + balancing freedom vs making each turret a mod by itself.

My free time is a bit limited this week but I'll try to get to them.

1 year, 6 months ago

I had an unexpected free moment and was able to debug this. I wasn't handling ammos that had an array of triggers correctly. I tested that it loads with Schall Tank Platoon, Rampant Arsenal, K2, & Space Exploration.

The 'defensive-structures' bug was a simple (repeated) typo. It was supposed to say 'defensive-structure'

New response