RP Warfare

Adds 11 unique turrets, 3 unique vehicles, some personal weapons, and an optional smelting system. With custom art featuring high-quality renders & animations. Most of the content is aimed towards early & mid game and is balanced around vanilla enemies. There are no "turret level 2's." Each is bespoke with different designs and tradeoffs. Compatible with Space Exploration & Krastorio

Content
4 months ago
Transportation Combat

i [closed] Steam Rifle Turret Barrel Collection

1 year, 8 months ago

Hi..
Could you maybe add a way to automatically collect the barrels from the steam rifle turret? It's really annoying to run around all the time and collect hundreds of barrels...

1 year, 8 months ago

Try putting belts around them. It won't get them all, barrels are sneaky devils, but it will get most. Play around with ammo belts that go in loops. They will naturally collect the barrels and bring them back to where you initially supply them with ammo.

1 year, 8 months ago

mh..
That's too annoying for me, because then still thousands of barrels are distributed on the floor and I HATE items that lie on the floor. I have fortunately already found a mod that helps me there very well. (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Item_Collector_Updated)

1 year, 8 months ago

It shouldn't be misplacing 1000's of barrels. Can you post a screenshot so I can see if the throw distance is too high?

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

Unfortunately, I can't do that, because my system is built quite differently than you suggested. This is because I didn't find out that I could get the barrels back until the turrets were shooting.
I have not built a conveyor belt that runs in a circle. And I have already occupied both sides of the conveyor belt. That's why there were so many items lying around.
The Lootchest+ mod does not collect them, because they are not declared as Loot. That's why I first asked if you could add a method to collect the items.
It would also be relatively difficult to rebuild the whole thing now to find out if it works as it should or not....

1 year, 8 months ago

You can still use both sides of the belt if you introduce a little space between items (assuming it runs in a circle). The belt just needs a little spot that goes from yellow to red, or use a circuit to turn off a belt on a pulse.

New response