Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i [Possibly resolved?] Setting not there?

1 year, 3 months ago

Hey i remembered there was a setting to toggle on/off armour/vehicle recycling. I really want that ON now but it's seems to be gone. Especlly want to use with my own armour mod in development and want to recycle access once if in MP.

1 year, 3 months ago

The option should still be there, listed as "Recyclable power armor/vehicle".

Unless the files were modified on your side, I don't think there is a way for other mods to remove the option.. probably

1 year, 3 months ago

This was posted as an "Idea/Suggestion" not a bug. & i couldn't find the setting.

1 year, 3 months ago

Or let me ask this what would make my Armour's & Equipment's not recyclable do u need to add them to a list on your side?

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

It could be a bug, because that setting is still there for me as of the most recent version, and should be there for you as well. Do the other settings still appear for you?

I might like to see the window to confirm.. it would be very unusual, but could be caused by another mod overwriting the same setting name, internally.

I have no idea what it could be though; maybe try disabling some mods, seeing if the setting has reappeared, until you can find out which (if any) other mod is causing the issue?

1 year, 2 months ago

I did find the setting so no more issues there. Tho i have the issue where my WIP mod is not recyclable by your mod witch makes me confused as the setting for recycling is on. So what is needed to perhaps correct that or what may i need to do?

Only effected item is armour. No Equipment effected.

1 year, 2 months ago

Okay, glad to hear it then!

Hm, by default, everything should be recycleable, unless it fails one of 2 or 3ish checks for validity; probably the most important check is that the item and the recipe must have the same internal name, otherwise it won't be picked up at all. If the names are different, I have methods for other mods to add in their "custom" reverse recipes, which I have detailed somewhere if you need it.

Apart from that, the recipe must have valid ingredient counts (single ingredient cannot exceed 65536, or some hugely large number, and it cannot be zero), and cannot include probabilities. There's also a list that other modmakers can use to outright exclude certain recipes from being recycled, but I doubt that applies here. But those should be the only conditions.. if it doesn't break one of those rules, then I can only guess what the issue might be, without seeing the code structure (or rather, what the item structure looks like internally)

My first guess might be that the armor is using other armors or unstackable items in its recipe? Like armor with equipment grids can't stack, so if you make a recipe with 2 of those armors, then the result might be unrecyclable. The last I remember though, I made it so that it CAN be recycled, but you only get one back (because of Factorio restrictions, I can't put 2 of an unstackable item into a single output slot, and can't use more than one output slot for the same item type)

1 year, 2 months ago

All my armours uses it's pervious tiers, tho only one. Tho i have the same recipe type for Equipment without issues, that has more than one previous equippable item. Tho i do have some recipes with result going 0 but not the way i think u mean as the way i did it makes the item excluded from the recipe. Tho the mod is on my git & discord a.t.m. should u want to look at it's internals.

Also name of recipe dose match the item name. a_mk1-10. s_mk1-10. as of the way i did create it.

If you're up for some VC on Discord i would be happy to chat about it. Rather than typing. https://discord.com/invite/4fJtFtYH2R Don't like to share the discord #

May be available: at 06:00 - 15:00 or 08:00 - 21:00 CET/CEST

1 year, 2 months ago

Hmm, I downloaded your latest available version (v0.1.21) from github, and it seems to be working fine? I was only running just those two mods (and their requirements), and I could only test up to mk5, but they all went in the machine and started the recycling process

I was going to mention one other potential issue, if the recipes are being made during data-final-fixes (in which case, I would need to force the load order through dependencies) but that didn't appear to be the case. Could be an issue caused by another mod in your testing pack maybe?

1 year, 2 months ago

mk 6 to mk10 is obtained by assembler. tho yea, I noticed it worked on my end to just fine witch made me surprises tho that was not the case a couple a version a go. So no idea what the f i did to somehow make it work now.

1 year, 2 months ago

The issues returned but for a other item not sure witch part of the recipe that could of done this. The difference is now is an equipment.

New response