Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
28 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Incompatible with Bob Assembly

1 year, 4 months ago

When loading this mod with only Bob Assembly, I get "Error while loading technology prototype "reverse-factory-4" (technology): Difficulty normal: Key "unit" not found in property tree at ROOT.technology.reverse-factory-4". Think you can fix this, or is it an issue on Bob's end?

1 year, 4 months ago

Sorry about the delay in responding, was having some network/computer troubles for the past week or so. I've tried enabling multiple bobs mods, and haven't gotten any errors like that. None of bobs mods have had any update in the past 6 months, and I remember it working in many different mod configurations. I would have to guess that there is another mod at play causing the issue.

Just looking at the error, it seems that the reverse-factory-4 tech is missing its "unit" field, which is supposed to define which items, and how many of those items, are needed to research the tech. Due to certain changes made by bob's mods, I DO have certain code in place to copy the requirements from a pre-existing tech in the bob mod's tree, and it is possible that another mod is removing or modifying that tech, so that when it gets copied, the technology ends up with null in its unit field.

When running bob-assembly, my mod attempts to copy advanced-material-processing-3 for its tech requirements. Similarly, when running bob-plates, my mod attempts to copy titanium-processing for its tech requirements. It could be either one of these issues, but I can't be too sure; it could be something entirely unrelated instead. However, I still think there is another mod at play here, and would need to test with that to reproduce and fix the issue.

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

I thought that another mod might be messing with it too, so I loaded up a list with just this mod, Bob Library, and Bob Assembly, and still got the error. I just tried it again now, and yup, the error still persists. I even deleted and re-downloaded all 3 mods and the error stuck, so idk what to say XD

I don't have Bob Plates on, if that helps.

1 year, 4 months ago

I thought that another mod might be messing with it too, so I loaded up a list with just this mod, Bob Library, and Bob Assembly, and still got the error. I just tried it again now, and yup, the error still persists. I even deleted and re-downloaded all 3 mods and the error stuck, so idk what to say XD

I don't have Bob Plates on, if that helps.

Would suggest giving the person a Crash/ issues image.

1 year, 4 months ago
1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Hmm, yeah, I'm not getting this error, while running just Reverse Factory, Bob Assembly, and Bob Library. I've even reset all settings back to default, and still not getting anything. Do you have anything changed from the default, maybe?

EDIT: I was somehow able to reproduce the error with a completely different modset; it seems that one of my copy functions breaks under certain circumstances, but I was fixing a different issue at the time, and wasn't able to narrow it down precisely. Still looking into it.

EDIT2: I think I found the issue; I actually have certain code in place for when bob's assembling machines are used without bob's plates; Reverse Factory 4 tech copies the science pack requirements from Electric Furnace 2 tech. If you have disabled the furnaces setting, then the furnaces-2 tech is not added, and thus the copy fails, resulting in an empty science pack requirement. I didn't have a check for if the technology exists, because I assumed that nobody would disable the higher tier furnaces... guess that assumption was incorrect lol.

1 year, 4 months ago

Should be fixed as of v8.1.16

1 year, 4 months ago

XD that would explain it! I don't enable the higher-tiered furnaces because I have other mods that add more furnaces and I don't use the ones from Bob's, so I'd rather not have them clutter up my crafting screen. Thanks!

New response