Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
27 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Empty barrel not recyclable

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

Is it normal that empty barrel can't be recycle ?
I play with Space Exploration

1 year, 8 months ago

Is it normal that empty barrel can't be recycle ?
I play with Space Exploration

And Iron gear wheel too by the way :s

1 year, 8 months ago

Hm, that is unusual (regarding the empty barrels). On my end, with only Space Exploration and Reverse Factory, it seems that barrels can only be recycled in a tier 4 recycler. This is intended for intermediate products (including iron gear wheels), because there's a potential exploit involving productivity bonus, to limit the availability of the exploit until mid/late game.

If you can't recycle them in a tier 4 machine, then that is a different bug, and would require more information.

Although it does seem to be a bug for barrels, as they don't get the productivity bonus, and thus can't be exploited. I'll have to check that one specifically.

1 year, 8 months ago

Hmmm... okay, it looks like empty-barrel IS on the list under data.raw.module["productivity-module"].limitation, alongside all the other intermediates, like copper-cable, iron-plate, etc. even though it doesn't actually gain a productivity bonus... that's really weird.

I have updated the empty-barrel recycling recipe to be available at tier 1; should be fixed as of v8.1.10

1 year, 8 months ago

Not sure what you are saying, but you might want to take a look at https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Module . Might have missed the new blacklist field which takes precedence over limitation. Here some pseudo-code to check

is_productivity_enabled = not_blacklisted(recipe_name) and (nil ~= limitation_list and limitation_list_contains(recipe_name) or nil == limitation_list)

1 year, 8 months ago

I try to use it with T4 machine of course, and with the last update i have a CTD :s.

53.798 Error ModManager.cpp:1558: Impossible de charger le mod « reverse-factory » : reverse-factory/data-final-fixes.lua:60: attempt to index field 'rf-empty-barrel' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
reverse-factory/data-final-fixes.lua:60: in main chunk
53.800 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
53.993 Checksum for core: 1476961332
54.036 Error ModManager.cpp:1558: Error in assignID: recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

Source: default (utility-sprites).

1 year, 8 months ago

I've removed the latest update from the mod portal due to the crash on load issues.

@clampi, I can see that limitation_blacklist on the wiki, but I don't actually see it being used in-game. Under base Factorio's item.lua, the only field defined for the productivity module is the limitation field, and I don't see anything that changes this before runtime. I couldn't find anything in the code to suggest that empty-barrel recipe should not be getting the productivity bonus, as the limitation_blacklist field does not appear to be defined for productivity modules.

For now, I've taken the fix mentioned in your other post. It won't enable the recipe for players using the "Disable productivity loop" setting, but at least it won't crash on load. Fixed as of 8.1.11

1 year, 8 months ago

What I can say is that the barrel recipe definitely is productivity-enabled for me, playing a Bob-Angel, and I traced down to be enabled in the "base" mod, no other mod changed that recipe behavior with respect to productivity. Moreover, your mod detects that and does not generate the reverse recipe.

1 year, 8 months ago

Ahhh, I see now; I was testing with Space Exploration enabled, since I thought that might have been part of the issue, and that mod apparently disables productivity for the empty-barrel. Since I can't force an optional dependency with Space Exploration (I remember things breaking between other mods last time I tried), I'll have to make it a manual fix. Luckily, it's the only item that gets its productivity bonus disabled.

Properly fixed as of v8.1.12

New response