Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
21 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g [Not A Bug] Items suddenly not recycling (probability)?

4 years ago

So with this last update I noticed a whole bunch of things that I previously could recycle I can no longer do so. I run bob's mods for almost everything and for ex I cannot recycle gas bottles or steel gear wheels anymore. I also noticed that the old option to enable or disable intermediates that were capable of productivity modules has been removed unless I am missing it somewhere. Any ideas why this might be happening or how I can get the functionality back? Overriding settings for things like productivity or probability would be really nice if this is the issue. I don't mind taking a hit with recycled items resulting in less materials to counter the probability of production or whatever to balance it out but straight up disabling their recycling with no choice is a bit disappointing because I specifically never recycle items with a goal of gain. Instead I run with it set at 90% efficiency so I don't get 100% back (for most items).

TL:DR Overrides for items being enabled or disabled would be greatly appreciated.

Also, thanks for maintaining the mod though, it's quite nice to have.

4 years ago

Are you testing this with the basic tier 1 recycler? In the latest 6.1.x updates, I have added 2 higher tiers of recyclers, with only the t4 being able to recycle anything which can use productivity modules (including almost everything in the intermediates tab).

If you can't view or research the higher tiers of recyclers, then I might have a bad migration script, or maybe the technology I attached it to as a prereq no longer exists. Hopefully that's not the issue.

As for probability based recipes... I'm still working on that. I've removed them all for now because they all cause an error on load. Sometimes the recipe in question simply creates a byproduct alongside the main product, but sometimes the item IS the byproduct. I'm not entirely sure how these should be handled (especially when I'm also filtering out recipes that have multiple results)

However, steel gears should be a basic 2 steel into 1 gear, right? So that might just be gated behind the t4 recycler. Gas bottles sound similar to the iron barrels from vanilla, so it might similarly be a productivity based recipe, gated behind the t4 recycler.

Also also, I have a way for modders to define recipes that they do not want to be recyclable, either because they might cause errors, or because a certain recipe doesn't make sense in reverse. Space Exploration mod actually defined a bunch of categories to be non-recyclable, so almost half of the mod's recipes could not be recycled. They were also all probability based recipes.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Alright, I just tested and recycling gas bottles and steel gear wheels works properly in the T4 recycler.

It is definitely intended that intermediates that use productivity can only be recycled in the highest tier of recyclers. I basically created the T4 as a replacement to that setting, so that people can't exploit the productivity+recycling loop until at least a certain level of science.

With bobs mods, I currently have the T4 recycler locked behind blue science, and the Titanium Processing technology, whereas the previous T2 was only locked behind green science, and bronze or brass processing, I think? Working as intended, in any case.

4 years ago

Hey, thanks so much for looking into it for me. When I wrote that I don't think I had the option of higher tiers, at least not that I saw. When I just loaded in (it's been a few days) auto-research immediately jumped into researching the tier 3 and 4 for me and now it works again.

Thanks again.

New response