Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
22 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Solved/Unfixed] Potential desync issue

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I installed the mod on an existing large multiplayer base about a week ago. As of a couple days ago, we are getting desync issues (a day after upgrading to 0.17.54)

I do see in comparing the "level_with_tags_tick.." files in the desync report that the differences are all related to reverse factory 2 machines.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bj24iqw7bg7xvfm/Capture1.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sm7rlsyzggxgj75/Capture2.JPG?dl=0

The log files themselves are 3.5gb each but those are the patterns I'm seeing (server on the right, client on the left)

Not sure what else to include to see if this is indeed related to the mod. Let me know if I can provide anything else.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ahh... I suppose this would be the first actual test of the automatic ingredient push feature. Seems it doesn't work well in multiplayer.

I... honestly have no idea what any of that means. I can tell you how to fix it; by disabling the automatic ingredient push setting (should have a description like "Untested for multiplayer"). That will prevent any code from being executed during runtime. Should be in the map settings section?

The only functionality you lose by disabling the setting is that recycling machines will not push unfinished recipes into the output. For example, with the setting enabled, if you put in 1 underground belt (which crafts in pairs), then it will be pushed to the output slot after a short delay. With the setting disabled, it will sit in the input slot until you put it in a second underground belt.

Thanks for the report though, I was considering removing the setting, since nobody was reporting any errors, but I'll keep it in, if it causes issues.

4 years ago

Just turned it on with that setting unchecked. I'll let you know if I see any more issues. Thanks!

New response