Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i [Pending] Cant recycle Bio Industries

5 years ago

Hi,
i cant put anything from the Mod Bio Industries into the Recycler.
Could you change that?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Does it say "cannot smelt [item]" when you try putting something in?

EDIT: Oh WOW what in the world has he done. He named every item different to the name of the recipe, even when there's only one recipe for that item. As an example, he has "bi-big-wooden-pole" as the item name, and "bi_recipe_big_wooden_pole" as the recipe name, for the big wooden power pole. Which completely breaks my logic that looks for matching item and recipe names.

Checking through his available downloads, it seems that the last version he had matching recipes to item names was waaay back in Factorio v0.15 (unless he changed it sometime between his mod versions 1.9.4 and 2.6.17). So I guess this means compatibility has been broken for a quite a long while.

There's seriously no easy way to fix this, because unlike yuoki industries, which simply adds "-yuoki" to the end of the recipe name (which can easily be checked, matched, and added), he completely changes the names by changing the dashes to underscores and adding the word "recipe" in the middle. I'd either need to manually add every single recipe (which I do have a function for, but can easily break if he adds/removes/changes any items/recipes, and would be tedious to manually look for every item) or he'd need to change the recipe names back.

I'm gonna mark this one unsolvable from my end for now, because I should not have to go through these kinds of hurdles to make Bio Industries work with Reverse Factory, when he can fix it from his end so much easier. Matching item and recipe names is the standard, and unless he has some legitimate reason for breaking this standard, I won't even attempt to fix this, sorry. Hopefully I can convince him to fix it from his end.

5 years ago

ok - no problem

New response