Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
2 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] RF, Omnicompression and Robot Army incompatibility

5 years ago

Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for recipe prototype "rf-droid-flame" (recipe): Recipe item-product "light-armor" is not stackable but has a max count of 2.

Mods to be disabled:
• reverse-factory

Can you implement a max-count check so this doesn't happen? This mod used to work together in .16, so I'm not sure what changed.

5 years ago

Now there's a few mods that I don't often use. Maybe an update in Factorio logic broke this compatibility? Not entirely sure what the issue is from here. I'll take a look at this later tonight

5 years ago

Oh, Omnicompression does not contribute to the issue, forgot to remove it from the title >.> It's just between robot army and RF.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I have a similar error with TinyStart. "light-armor" is not stackable error.
I think it has something to do with this bug report:
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=67736

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Okay, I see the issue now. At least for Robot Army, that droid-flame recipe takes 2 light armor as ingredients (which is apparently fine for non-stackable items), but reversing that to create 2 light armor as products causes the non-stackable error.

I guess there's 2 ways I can deal with this, both imperfect. Ignore recipes like this entirely and make them un-recyclable. Or put it as part of the "ingredient safety toggle setting", changing the recipes so they only produce one of these non-stackable items (meaning some ingredients are lost in the process)

5 years ago

So apparently, I already technically had this coded into the safety ingredient toggle, it just wasn't working properly. I have it checking for "items", but some items are actually coded as "armor", "gun", and other things like that. But yeah, if their ingredient count is higher than their stack limit, they won't get recycled.

Of course, now I have to make it so if the safety toggle is off, the recipes can still be recycled. Annoying things...

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Alright, that took a bit more effort than I feel it was worth, but this error should be resolved as of v6.0.3

The game should load up to the menu, then if you want to recycle things like that flame droid (or certain items in vanilla, listed in the "dense recipes" section of the FAQ), then you will need to disable the ingredient safety toggle. These items will then become recyclable, but any excess ingredients larger than their stack size will be lost.

In the case of this flame droid, you will only get 1 light armor back, not the 2 that you put into the thing. If you keep the ingredient safety toggled enabled, then these items will simply not be accepted into the reverse factory (game should say, "cannot be smelted")

5 years ago

Thanks for the quick response!

5 years ago

Yes, Thankks.

New response