Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
24 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Does not load with GDIW

5 years ago

Not sure whose fault it is, but GDIW refuses to load when Reverse Factory is also enabled.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

It loads up fine for me, with my current modlist. Try removing other mods until Reverse Factory and GDIW can load together.

I wonder if it might be another issue that only shows up with certain conditions, and isn't a specific incompatibility... I have another potential fix in mind, if removing other mods doesn't help

5 years ago

This is the error I get with GDIW when I enable ReverseFactory:
https://i.imgur.com/o9QRdXT.png

I will see if I can narrow down what other mods might be causing it.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Okay this was pretty tricky to track down.

It seems that GDIW only fails to load when ALL FOUR of the following mods are enabled:
1- GDIW
2- Reverse Factory
3- Bob's Electronics
4- Bob's Warfare

If any of these are disabled, the game loads just fine.

https://i.imgur.com/HiLj0dP.png

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hm, that's unusual, considering I always test this mod using vanilla, and then bobs, and then bobs angels, to ensure the most common sets are all working. I didn't have GDIW before I released 6.0.0, but testing it now with all 4 mods (as well as many others) causes no issues for me.

Ahaaa, I figured out the issue after recreating your exact modlist. The reason I never got this bug in my testing, is because I always test with the other mods I've created. Specifically, enabling Mini Machines, which has an optional dependency for Bobs Warfare, means it loads after Bobs Warfare. Then Reverse Factory has an optional dependency for Mini Machines, which means it loads after Mini Machines (when detected).

However, if you don't have any of the optional dependencies (currently AAI Industries, Angels Petrochem, Bio Industries, BobExtended, Omnimatter Wood, Mini Machines, or More Inserters), then it will load closer to the top, causing issues with mods that change recipes loading after it and breaking the logic.

A simple fix should just be adding some more dependencies on my end. Should be fixed as of v6.0.1

5 years ago

Ha! Wow, well done tracking that down!
Sounds very slippery indeed. Though I'm curious why it was GDIW which the game decided to kick. Said it could not concatenate to 'name' a nil value.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hmmm, not sure about that, but I see some recent similar errors here and here, in his discussions tab. It seems that maybe GDIW is expecting values in certain places that are there in vanilla, but are sometimes modified or removed by other mods.

I will note that Factorio says GDIW has no dependencies when loaded, but in their info.json, they have several, but written in an improper format. Not sure if that's an actual mistake, or a deliberate test to see if those dependencies are needed.

I know I have gathered a few optional dependencies that are obsolete now, as those mods haven't been updated to current Factorio, or simply don't need the dependency anymore. It's generally safer to have them there, and not need them, than to need them there and not have them. Less errors = more better.

New response