Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Speed up

6 years ago

I request 1 of the 3 options:
1:
Which file and line to edit to increase speed of these slow pokes???

2:
Option to toggle Speed effect of beacons to increase speed of these slow pokes.

3:
Tier versions with greater speed.

((2 and 3 would add greater customization to this mod, and make it more useful...))

6 years ago

Are they really that slow? They should be uncrafting literally any item in 0.5s, regardless of how long it took to make the item in the first place. And you need it even faster? O_o

As to your requests... well the easiest solution is for you to edit: prototypes/entity.lua
line 34: crafting_speed = 30,

Set 30 to.. 60, I guess? 100? However fast you need it.

Higher tiers of recyclers would be absolute overkill tbh. It'd make more sense for me to introduce tiers to separate fluid recycling from solid recycling, than for a simple speed increase. I could look into allowing beacons to affect recyclers, but even that seems highly unnecessary.

I would ask as to what situation you are in that you need them faster than they are? If you're abusing the craft-recycle-craft with productivity thing to produce infinite resources, than I would suggest simply making more of them. These things were designed to recycle items that would become otherwise obsolete, like burner miners and pistols, so speed shouldn't be an issue.

6 years ago

I got 16 Recyclers in the image/link provided.
And with the convayer belt, they still aren't fast enough to break down the excess items...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1261509914
And they aren't half a second, they take a full second to break down an item.

Here is an idea:
Tier 2 recycler and break down 2 different items at once
Tier 3 breaks down 3 items, etc...

At the very least, a speed upgrade woulden't be needed then, just a way to push items into the recycler fast enough...

Oh and i just checked my storage, both are nearly full, one with copper wires, the other with misc items i don't use or need at this point...
And i see no need to actually have any more of the various resources, so breaking them down to the base components will save me a crap ton of space...

So yeah... the only option, save from editing a file, would be to create even more recycles... x.x

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Huh... I gotta admit.. I am not sure what exactly I am looking at. Are you.. disassembling red and blue circuits back into greens? Although I don't recognize that yellowish-green item running alongside it.. It's messy o-o

Breaking down multiple items at once is most likely impossible. The recyclers are based on furnaces, which themselves can only smelt 1 item at a time. That would be awesome though.. probably will never happen, since it would have to be coded on the dev side.

Disassembling random junk.. what a pasttime X3 Though I don't think I've ever run into storage problems.. must be something about angels; I've only ever really played with bobs.

I looked into the code, and as far as I can tell, the recyclers should be able to gain effects from beacons, such as speed. I haven't tested if it can, but it should? Maybe I have to add module slots to make it work. Will test

6 years ago

Seems the only way to enable beacon effects on recyclers is to make them have at least 1 module slot. Although shift-clicking modules into the recycler will make them be recycled instead of going into the module slots lol. Kind of annoying, but I guess it should be an okay change to make. It also looks weird, having like 10 item slots, but only a couple of module slots =P

6 years ago

i got 5 more of those logisitcs Angel storage containers, filled with circut boads and copper wires, and gears.
Breaking them down makes me only use up a single steel chest, maybe 3 at most... which is a massive change...
But then again, i got a mod that allows me to stak steel and copper plates to 9990 per stack, which is why the whole thing works the way it does...
As for messy, if you refer to the unneeded long paths the items travel, i got bored and wanted to be a bit artistic... they still move pretty fast on bobs logists fastest express convayers (purple) The choke point is the recyclers...
Thinking of upgrading to 36 recyclers...
Overkill perhaps, but i'm close to "finishing" this round... then it's time to start over again :P
New map, New layout... new challanges...

6 years ago

I added module slots as of v5.0.1, just a little while ago, so you can beacon them now if you want. 9990 items per stack definitely sounds like extreme overkill lmao. Maybe you should increase the stack size of all those other items then; that would be the easiest solution X3

6 years ago

Not that many up to date mods that alter stack size, the mod i currently use is the only one that works, just somewhat...

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Hm, if it's really a problem for you, and you're willing to mod, then just add a line at the end of any mod's data.lua (or preferably, data-final-fixes.lua):

data.raw.item["name-of-item"].stack_size = 1million

Then unless any other mod overwrites that specific item, it should be set to that amount.

You're using this mod, right? I've actually used it myself, although definitely not to that extent =P

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Somewhat alleviated this issue even further by creating a second tier of recycler, that is almost twice as fast as the original, and has 4 module slots instead of 2, allowing for super-speed-ups, even without beacons (but you can still beacon them)

New response