Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
2 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Startup Error: Electric-engine-unit icon not found

6 years ago

Hi,
I received this message upon startup crash:

Failed to load mods: Error while loading recipe prototype "rf-electric-engine-unit" (recipe): Key: "icon" not found in property tree at ROOT.recipe.rf-electric-engine-unit

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this: Any suggestions?

fezzy

6 years ago

That's weird. Electric engines are vanilla, and it loads up just fine by itself. Load up Factorio without this mod, then check the electric engine unit, to see what mods may be modifying it. Then try putting this mod in again, and removing said mods, one by one, until Factorio loads. It's definitely gotta be a mod incompatibility. Maybe an hd texture mod?

6 years ago

Thanks for your suggestions. While I would use that technique for other incompatibilities, the complicated-lookingness of that error message made me think it was worse than it really was. Turns out aai-industry had given the electric-engine a new icon, by first setting it to nil. I commented out the nil line and everything seems to be working smoothly.

Thanks for your speedy reply, and the great mod.

fezzy

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I came here about the same bug. Thanks for the solution.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Ahh, I think I can fix that on this end. It sounds like the good old issue of a mod changing things after this mod has created recipes. Simple enough to fix; but thanks for determining what the problem mod was. That's definitely the harder part.

EDIT: Hmm, that didn't work. I guess whatever the problem is, isn't due to load order. Looks like they change the item from using "icon" instead of "icons".. but I thought I had fixed the use of icons in items.. hmmm...

Not to mention, aai-industry changes both engines and electric engines to use icons, but only the electric engines cause the error... veryy odd

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Figured out the issue. The new reverse recipe logic wasn't fully copied in the reverse-fluid section. Specifically, any recipe using normal/expensive recipe split, that involved fluid crafting, and used "icons" instead of "icon" would cause this issue. Fixed as of v4.0.7

New response