Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
2 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Does not process nuclear reactor

7 years ago

Seams nuclear reactor cant be "recycled" or reprocessed , is this intentional?

7 years ago

If something cannot be uncrafted, it is definitely not intentional (as in hard-coded), but in most cases is simply unavoidable. I haven't actually tried recycling anything nuclear-related, but when you say "cant be recycled", do you mean it refuses to accept it, with the "cannot be smelted" message, or do you mean it attempts to be recycled, but fails to output anything and gets "stuck"?

I have noticed a few things have changed in how Factorio works, changing how the mod works, despite little to no changes in the mod. Like the satellite can no longer be uncrafted, despite having enough output slots for it. Also that after recycling one type of item, you can't recycle a different type of item until the output is completely. This was not the case in 0.14, where you could continue recycling differing types of items until the output slots were all full.

I might look into this later

7 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I see the issue now.. This is related to the problem where the products will not "overflow" into open inventory slots, and is also the reason satellite can no longer be uncrafted. If an object's original recipe requires more ingredients than fit into a stack (like satellite requires 100 solar panels, but solar panels only stack up to 50 in vanilla) then the object will fail to uncraft, and subsequently "clog" up the machine until it is picked up.

I think the only way to fix this would be to increase the stack size of all of these items to match their ingredient input. That could be too much of a change for this mod, but I shall consider it, if enough of these "dense" recipes are found to be annoying.

EDIT as of 4.0.4, items such as nuclear reactors and rocket silos will no longer go into the reverse factory and thus will not "clog" the machine. Any and all items with ingredient counts larger than their stack sizes will not have reverse recipes made for them. FIXED

New response