Reverse Factory

by Kryzeth

Reverse Factory machine will recycle (uncraft) nearly any item placed inside. Supports the recycling of most, if not all, modded items. Fully featured integration with Bobs Mods, Industrial Revolution, and Fantario (independently, not simultaneously)

Content
24 days ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Cheat for getting unlimited material

7 years ago

Just a note. It is possible to 'generate' items for free if you attach the output to a factory with productivity modules, and the result goes again on the reverse factory. Wether or not is intended, I prefer to not use this cheat, although I want it to stay because it could lead to different possibilities, like building a copper-generator factory which only consumes electricity (it's a different gameplay approach).

Se pic below for an example:
http://imgur.com/a/D4ZLn

One way of fixing it would be getting only half items from a deconstruction, but, as I said before, I prefer the mod this way. BTW, thanks for the mod, is very useful for the old unused machinery.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Yeah, when I initially posted about this mod to reddit, they were quick to show how it could be abused. There's really no good way to stop it, aside from either drastically increasing the power consumption or crafting time, or by reducing the amount of items returned, like you mentioned. I also wouldn't really want to do either... I only ever imagined this to be used on burner mining drills and pistols and armor and such.

But yeah, I don't think I'll be fixing it either way. If a person cares that much about the potential for exploitation, then they should probably check out the other recycling mod, as that has some "mod mods" that reduce the amount of material you get by various increments (10%, 50%, etc). Of course, that one is an assembling machine instead of a furnace, so you have to set specific recipes, and can't just dump anything into it.

Maybe I could set a config option for it... off by default, of course... if people really care about it.

New response