Quick Adjustable Inserters

Adjust inserter pickup and drop positions in world, without GUI.

Tweaks
a month ago
Logistics

g βœ… [QUESTION] Comparison question with another mod

28 days ago
(updated 25 days ago)

I'm using the Inserter Throughput mod and I noticed that this mod and yours show different rates of item transfer speed by inserter. What could this be and which mod is closer to the truth?

28 days ago

QAI uses inserter-throughput-lib to calculate and estimate inserter speeds which I wrote for QAI but made it a separate mod so others could use it as well in their mods if they want.
The Inserter Throughput mod came before QAI and is naturally not using the new library.
Now as for which one is more accurate, well it depends. I've written a little bit about it in the Technical Background section on the inserter-throughput-lib page, but ultimately whenever you don't see a tilda (~) in front of the number from QAI you can be 99% sure that the number is an accurate calculation - not an estimate. If the numbers differ between the 2 mods in these cases then I'd say it's quite likely that QAI is more accurate.
However when there is a tilda (~) then it's just an estimate and due to the reasons outlined in the Technical Background section there's no saying which mod is more accurate than the other. In some cases one might be closer than the other and vice versa. That said however I did try to add more logic in the library taking a few more variables into account and I also wrote an algorithm to try to tweak some parameters to make it more accurate. So I would hope that the library, and with it QAI, is more accurate, but unfortunately I cannot guarantee that. Inserter throughput (espeically when picking up from belts) is so unpredictable that doing math for it makes your brain melt.

25 days ago

When building these or those productions I observed the values that gives your mod and mod "Inserter Throughput" and came to the conclusion that your mod gives more accurate estimates of throughput inserter.

In this regard, I would like to propose to make it so that the values of the throughput inserter displayed when you point it or something besides the display in the configuration. I suggest this because there are situations when you need to check the values of throughput and go into configuration mode and partially start it takes time.

Off-topic question. How did you make a hyperlink in the text in the last answer?

25 days ago

In this regard, I would like to propose to make it so that the values of the throughput inserter displayed when you point it or something besides the display in the configuration. I suggest this because there are situations when you need to check the values of throughput and go into configuration mode and partially start it takes time.

I'm struggling understanding exactly what you mean, however I think what you want is for the inserter throughput from QAI to always show, so like when you hover your mouse over any inserter it'll show the throughput. There's already a per player setting for that - Show throughput on Inserter. If you scroll down to the last video on the QAI mod page you can see it in action. Let me know if that's what you were looking for.

Off-topic question. How did you make a hyperlink in the text in the last answer?

The Factorio mod portal uses a flavor of Markdown as formatting, so for links it is [display name](url). I'd recommend looking up markdown, since it's a wide spread format these days, so many text chats support it, be it only partially or differently, the core tends to be similar.

25 days ago
(updated 25 days ago)

I'm struggling understanding exactly what you mean, however I think what you want is for the inserter throughput from QAI to always show, so like when you hover your mouse over any inserter it'll show the throughput. There's already a per player setting for that - Show throughput on Inserter. If you scroll down to the last video on the QAI mod page you can see it in action. Let me know if that's what you were looking for.

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted.

The Factorio mod portal uses a flavor of Markdown as formatting, so for links it is [display name](url). I'd recommend looking up markdown, since it's a wide spread format these days, so many text chats support it, be it only partially or differently, the core tends to be similar.

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't sure if Markdown was being used here. I'm familiar with it because I used it to write changelogs for my "mods" before I knew they had their own format here

25 days ago

Perfect, you're welcome! And yea Factorio changelogs are pretty particular about their format. Which I personally am happy about, though I do wish we could put links to threads/issues there without the lines becoming incredibly long. But eh, there's worse things

25 days ago

Perfect, you're welcome! And yea Factorio changelogs are pretty particular about their format. Which I personally am happy about, though I do wish we could put links to threads/issues there without the lines becoming incredibly long. But eh, there's worse things

I think you can write such a proposal on the forum although I wouldn't be surprised if there already is one

25 days ago
(updated 25 days ago)

I could yea, but it's such a small thing for me that I don't consider it worth any development time

New response