Quality of Life research

Adds bonuses and optionally research for bigger bags (more inventory space), movement/walking/running speed, character hand crafting speed, long reach (optional far resource reach), and player mining speed. Use settings to choose which ones you want, either through research or by just choosing a value yourself.

Utilities
1 year, 2 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

g [Question] What are the stats?

3 years ago

Bit of a generic question in the title, but I was still curious - what stats does this mod have? I see upgrades for crafting speed, inventory size, etc., but I'm not sure how strong the effect of each of those is. I'm not opposed to buffing my character, but I don't want to go into it blind either.

Now, I'm not asking for a full spreadsheet or anything of the sort, but just a general guide of what I can expect would be helpful, if possible. Thanks in advance.

3 years ago

Well, the point of this mod is complete configurability. So basically, it's whatever you want it to be. Here's ways in which you can customize it:

• You can add a multiplier to any bonus, so if it'd normally give 10% crafting speed, you can set the multiplier to 0.5, and the result would be 5% crafting speed.
  • You can add a flat bonus that's completely independent of whatever researches you may or may not have. You could for example give yourself 20 inventory slots right out of the gate.
  • In combination with the previous point, you can disable the research for a specific bonus altogether. If you just want to have long reach, and don't want to research it, you can set the flat bonus to 1000, disable the researches.
  • You can make a custom technology tree.

The default gives you these accumulative bonuses (so total at each tier):

Science type:   red, green, blue, purple/yellow
Crafting speed: 100%, 150%, 175%, 200%
Mining speed:   150%, 250%, 300%, 350%
Movement speed:  20%,  40%,  60%,  80%
Inventory size:  10,   20,   40,   60 slots
Reach:            3,    6,    9,   12 tiles
3 years ago

Defaults are what I was looking for, yes. Thank you :) I'm not that well-versed in Factorio balance so I'm not sure what would be overpowered or underpowered, but this makes sense. Thanks again.

New response