Production Analyst

Analyze the consumption of an item or fluid on demand, throughout your entire factory. Designed to be very UPS-friendly.

Utilities
1 year, 5 months ago
Manufacturing

b [Fixed][1.1.6] Corrupting save files

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Howdy. Production Analyst is corrupting save files, and it is reproducible. The Factorio error dialog reads:

Failed to load saved data for following mods: 
mod-production-analyst   

Save file is probably corrupted. 

Here's what I know:

1) Sometime in the past I monitored steel. It was the only thing I monitored and its history still remains.
2) I added two items to queue in this order--uranium fuel cell and uranium-235.
3) I pressed the PLAY button and each were monitored in turn for the default time of 20s.
4) Both items completed and were moved to history, with neither item having production stats over the interval, and that is what I believe is the cause of the save corruption. Zero production was expected as my nuclear plants were idle.
5) Save the game (corruption happens).
6) Fail to load the game.

I confirmed that I can get this to happen with other items not under production. For instance, I picked an item I don't have the tech for yet and monitored it. It corrupted the save. I also re-confirmed that analyzing an item with production stats did not corrupt the file.

Thanks for the report—I was indeed able to replicate this, though at the moment, I believe the reason for corruption has to do with having an empty run in your history, rather than anything to do with nuclear reactors.

The fact that corruption is possible to begin with is concerning so I'll look to fix this soon. The good news is that disabling the mod and trying to load the corrupted save does work, with the only downside being losing the history of items monitored in the mod, a minor inconvenience, all things considered.

The issue should now be fixed in 1.1.7.

New response