|Created:||2 years ago|
|Latest Version:||0.17.8 (21 days ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.15 - 0.17|
Players with color vision deficiency (a.k.a. color blindness) experience difficulties distinguishing between certain groups of colors. The goal of this mod is to remap color selections in a way that avoids these trouble zones and provides more easily identifiable colors.
Several game features benefit from improved color management, including:
- Technology GUI colors (researched, available, etc)
- Map colors of resources, terrain, cliffs, trees, turret ranges, and roboport service areas
- In-world overlays of electric pole and mining drill service areas, grenade and turret ranges, and roboport service areas
- Icons of several fluids, circuits, chests, inserters, signal wires, explosive cannon shells, and cluster grenades
- Wires are optionally thicker, and blue wire is available to replace red or green
- Signal wire colors are better preserved during mouseover highlighting
This release features a palette suitable for players with deuteranopia (green deficiency), but with your help, future updates can include a preset for protanopia (red deficiency) and possibly some options for varying degrees of impairment, complex deficiency, or simple differences in color preference. A preset for tritanopia (very rare) could also be added if requested. The framework for adding and maintaining color sets is already in place; we just need to compile lists of colors that work best for each situation.
Your evaluations and feedback are critical to developing a more inclusive and complete set of color options, especially if you have some degree of protanomaly or protanopia. In any case, please feel free to write comments or ask questions in the Discussion tab above or directly on github.
Advanced users are invited to dive into the mod zip file and take a tour. After you skim through the main code, pay special attention to the Custom section of the color-schemes.lua file. This is where you can customize your own color presets and find out what works best for you. Detailed instructions are included in the file. Please share your results!
Map colors are usually automatically updated, but you can use the hotkey (default Control-M) to force a map refresh if needed.
Palette Cleanser mod originally created by justarandomgeek.