ModMash

New Planets, Late game enemy, Land Mines, Underground world, Subways, Valkyries, Ore refining, Crash Site Items and Tech Loot, Subspace Transport, Sub-Dimensional Stacking, Biter harvesting. Placeable spawners, Alien Ooze, Ore Enrichments, conversions, Regenerative Walls and Belts, Recycler, Fluid controls, Mini Boiler, Fishing Machine, Mini Loaders. Titanium Walls, pipes and Belts, Biter Neural Toxin, Fish and Ooze juice. This is a modpack for all splinters.

Overhaul
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Inserter fishing control research does anything? alien ore refining time, and control keybind

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

Inserters can fish from the beginning of the game for me, so I don't know if the research for "Inserter Fishing Control" does anything?

The ore refining is really cool, but refining alien ore makes it go from one ore one plate 17.5 seconds, to one ore two plates 2+4.8 = 6.8 seconds, or 3.4 seconds per plate. Since the alien plate bullets are overpowered (just a little) I go from just getting enough bullets to manage (or dying) to having plenty of ammo on high settings. I may need to make my enemies even harder.

A third small issue, the keybind controlling stuff: control-A. It prevents me from walking left while holding control, such as when I'm trying to insert things into assemblers/furnaces. In the control options, I rebound it to control-z, and it kept that setting during a start-up change, which was a good thing for me, but idk if that's what you expect. I'm also not sure if rebinding mod keybinds was a feature added in .17, because a number of my mods added keybinds and they're all there, which I was surprised at. The keybinding probably doesn't need to be a start-up change, but since it can be changed in controls..... I don't know. Not sure if it's worth caring about.

4 years ago

Thanks for the feed back. Inserters should only be able to fish after the research is done so ill check that.
Ill tweak recipies for refined ore to plate and redice damage on bullets.
The binding. I think I tried an failed changing from startup to in game setting so I just left it, but things may have changed since I first started so wont hurt to look at again I guess.

4 years ago

Made some updates. Added some more spelling mistakes to the change log. Couldn't do anything about the startup control because I cannot access the key sequence in game and I need it during the data stage.

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

Oh, okay. I won't question your methods. Thanks for the updates. Cool mod btw

4 years ago

Thanks. I see you got a few up now!

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

Hehe. Yeah, most of them are just updates/reworks of other mods.

A note on the update: the recipes are gone from my inventory crafting thing under intermediates. I thought I couldn't smelt the refined ores in a furnace so I went looking for research. I didn't even realize I was already doing it for copper and iron, as I was thinking about the handful of alien ore I just got. It's more work, but maybe it could be a research, after automation or steel furnaces, so it's a bit more obvious and is "worked into the game".

4 years ago

Yeah they bit hand creditable so the just take up space so i was trying to clean up the menu. I kind of wanted it from start so no research. But once again you make a good point. Hmmmm would updating the welcome screen be sufficient.

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Menu was fine for me. I was more frustrated with the subspace transports boxes that cluttered my intermediates tab and research. For at least the research bit, I'd recommend grouping them in some way, like assemblers, "plates", armor, "steam-engines", etc. In menu, they could be in their own tab, a final one, icon is picture of the subspace transport or the box

Edit: sorry for bring it up out of the blue, you just mentioned the menu and it made me think of when I try to filter...

This thread has been locked.