ModMash

New Planets, Late game enemy, Land Mines, Underground world, Subways, Valkyries, Ore refining, Crash Site Items and Tech Loot, Subspace Transport, Sub-Dimensional Stacking, Biter harvesting. Placeable spawners, Alien Ooze, Ore Enrichments, conversions, Regenerative Walls and Belts, Recycler, Fluid controls, Mini Boiler, Fishing Machine, Mini Loaders. Titanium Walls, pipes and Belts, Biter Neural Toxin, Fish and Ooze juice. This is a modpack for all splinters.

Overhaul
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Recycler doesn't output sludge

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

Like the title says. I only get water (unless it's been updated - I normally use another recycler)

4 years ago

Sorry it's not modmash doing that. the recipes simply have sludge added after the ingredients are figured out nothing about water. Must be another mod overriding my recipes. These recipes are added in final fixes so I can even if I wanted to fix what the other mod has done.
I tested it, that effect is not happening for me.

4 years ago

Question why the need for another recycler? Mine should be recycling just about everything anyway?

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I was using another recycler before modmash. Interestingly, now it's outputting sludge. I could've been wrong. I do know not all the ingredients were coming out (not 100% of ingredients), which is one reason I wasn't using it.

Your recycler recycles fewer things, the most obvious being the transport boxes. It's not exactly an issue, because another mod is where they're coming from.

Completely unrelated, your mod and another one, don't limit loot to unlocked objects as far as I know (I didn't try the limit loot checkbox - there's no description and I assume it limits it to one stack). I like getting some things like logistic items, but then it's like "oh here's all the post-space-science god stuff..." or items that aren't enabled because they come from a mod that isn't completely active, but they're still in the item list

Edit: I remember something else after checking: there's no module slots, and I don't know if it can be sped up by beacons. The other recyclers have 1 or 2-6 module slots.

4 years ago

Ah, much to look at. Beacons will improve performance. The recycler can only recyle items it is aware of during data final fixes, but if a mod creates items after that I can't really do anything and containment items are excluded intentionally. As for loot the loot is independant and either makes biters drop alien ore or as for my loot chests it has no restrictions but is dependant on if the item exists in data final fixes. Unfortunatly if a mod has a name that is greater than modmash and recipies are generated in final fixes i cant do anything bar rename this mod zzzz_modmash. I do have restrict some items from the crashed site landing loot boxes because prior it was causing issues with other mods creating items that were just really intended as a way of doing somthing otherwise impossible possible.

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

I understand. There's also "good alert" or something, which might be related to biters changing forces. Certain items that are "invisible" I've gotten from other mods, but recalling, I did only get "normal" items from yours. The god-tier stuff like I said, is definitely game-breaking. Power Armor mark 5, the turbo-hyper-fusion equipment reactors, etc.

Can you go into more detail about the loot restriction? I mentioned, there's no information about it.

4 years ago

modmash will restrict generation of recipes if I determines them to be problematic or incomplete. and item without recipe or selectively excluded as known to cause issue. Good alert is used internally for when (scout droids) detect a crashed loot chest. Not used for anything else bar creating an alert like entity damaged etc and is defined as such, so I don't see it being used for any other purpose other than what I made if for, if it is causing issue it is a result of something else using something I created and not accounting for it. Loot restrictions. This is in effect saying if the item is researchable then ok for TECH LOOT. this prevents allowing researching something far down the tech tree, as for items not so much the case because well its from space so anything could have been researched. it's only excluded from being added to loot chests if it's known to be problematic so no nil effect. I did initially allowed much more in loot chests but it introduced errors and was very unbalanced. Really first thing I look for is electric smelters but I never get what I want but the reality is it's fair and more balanced and fair. if I really wanted to I could just use creative mod bit that's not the point and less rewarding.

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

Next game I played I'll try restricting loot and leave loot chests on and see if I get any of the super-overpowered stuff. Thanks.

This thread has been locked.