ModMash

New Planets, Late game enemy, Land Mines, Underground world, Subways, Valkyries, Ore refining, Crash Site Items and Tech Loot, Subspace Transport, Sub-Dimensional Stacking, Biter harvesting. Placeable spawners, Alien Ooze, Ore Enrichments, conversions, Regenerative Walls and Belts, Recycler, Fluid controls, Mini Boiler, Fishing Machine, Mini Loaders. Titanium Walls, pipes and Belts, Biter Neural Toxin, Fish and Ooze juice. This is a modpack for all splinters.

Overhaul
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Performance issue with Warptorio2 (and/or expansion)

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

When I arrive to a planet, I have 60 fps/ups, but a few minutes in my UPS drops to ~52. When I press F5 it says modmash is taking 3-4ms to run scripts. factorio-current.log doesn't show anything

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

And then I got a crash when I was on the "factory" floor (first floor from the teleporter) ;(

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WXpcEr1Iguzg9R9ap8pHmPrsSe2X9w0r

Error while running event modmash::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaSurface API call when LuaSurface was invalid.
stack traceback:
modmash/prototypes/scripts/pollution.lua:75: in function 'v'
modmash/control.lua:393: in function <modmash/control.lua:390>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__modmash
/prototypes/scripts/pollution.lua:75: in function 'v'
modmash/control.lua:393: in function <modmash/control.lua:390>

Also, the previous performance issues I had might kind-of be related? In warptorio2 (expansion), enemies normally swarm a very polluting center platform, and if you're anywhere near it, they'll swarm you. On one planet, I had multiple enemy paths in the debug screen coming to me, but relatively few enemies. On the next planet, I went away, and placed buildings/machines far enough away so that they didn't swarm. I didn't have the performance issue anytime on that planet, but did the previous ones where I was being attacked.

4 years ago

Should be able to fix the crash bit the performance not sure about. I don't touch the swarms so may be warptorio end

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

Thanks

4 years ago

Sorry for delay. I cant quite release fixes just bur they are coming

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

I'm not in a rush

4 years ago

I haven't tested with warptorio yet but I did put in the checks so the issue should be solved. It took a little longer as I was in the middle of Valkyries. Combat Bots deployed from roboports

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

wuuuuuut. sounds cool. Link?

4 years ago

In Modmash.

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

Oh, okay. I'll try out the update when I'm done doing some errands. Will tell you how it goes.

4 years ago

Cheers

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

edit: shit shit shit never updated

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

41.657 Script @modmash/control.lua:261: control.on_load
41.657 Script @modmash/prototypes/scripts/regenerative.lua:26: regenerative.local_load
41.657 Script @modmash/prototypes/scripts/discharge-pump.lua:30: discharge-pump.local_load
41.657 Script @modmash/prototypes/scripts/biter-neuro-toxin.lua:34: biter-neuro-toxin.local_load
41.657 Script @modmash/prototypes/scripts/subspace-transport.lua:32: subspace-transport.local_load
41.846 Error AppManagerStates.cpp:1443: The mod ModMash caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event modmash::on_load()
modmash/prototypes/scripts/valkyrie.lua:53: attempt to index field 'valkyries' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
modmash/prototypes/scripts/valkyrie.lua:53: in function 'v'
modmash/control.lua:263: in function <modmash/control.lua:260>

Well, it's not the same error as before

Edit: I can make a new game. I wasn't far into my warptorio save so I don't mind restarting, but loading an existing save was borked

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

Warptorio2 and modmash really don't get along well together:

2898.703 Info AppManager.cpp:287: Saving to _autosave1 (blocking).
2898.797 Verbose Scenario.cpp:835: Saving game as C:\Users\Jacob\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves/_autosave1
2899.878 Verbose Scenario.cpp:951: Time to save game: 1.08046
2899.885 Info AppManagerStates.cpp:1802: Saving finished
3153.028 Error MainLoop.cpp:1195: Exception at tick 140296: The mod ModMash caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event modmash::on_ai_command_completed (ID 113)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
modmash/prototypes/scripts/droid.lua:1058: in function 'v'
modmash/control.lua:431: in function <modmash/control.lua:429>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__modmash
/prototypes/scripts/droid.lua:1058: in function 'v'
modmash/control.lua:431: in function <modmash/control.lua:429>

4 years ago

Nope, no they do not. I turned on warptorio2 ill start bug hunting.

4 years ago

Ok well warptorio breaks darn near everything, but I figured out why. I added some on cloning event checks so anything mod mash is observing get's updated to observe the new entities that replaced the old. I did some testing and warping worked and various things continued on there merry without hiccup so fingers crossed I caught it all. At least I know how to fix now.

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

<3, I'll try it out

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

Everything seems to be working fine. I intentionally left some droids behind on a planet and I haven't had crashes on the next one. Haven't had any of the crashing in other floors either. I was going to mention the valkyrie on death issue but you already got to it. Gonna update.

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

Oh, I forgot to add: valkyries lag (lagged?) the shit out of my game. I think it's their initial whoosh effect. I had 250 (modified stack size) and when I got near the enemies my ups dropped... and dropped... down to 0.4 at the lowest. Less than 1. Even when I had fewer, they dropped my ups quite a bit when deployed.

4 years ago

I'll limit entity updates per tick.

4 years ago

I'll limit entity updates per tick.

4 years ago

This post system.... well long story short early realease yada yada yada. Tracking 6 entites/projectiles to do one thing tricky but wacthing 150+ drones to kill a few poor little bitter soo much fun

4 years ago

Kinda mean

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

A quick question on valkyries: mine like to explode after killing things? I'm not sure if they're supposed to. Edit: might be a range issue. I have roboports and a personal roboport. If deployed from roboports they explode a lot

Honktown β˜†
4 years ago

Or they're just dying. Testing.

4 years ago

dying I gave them not the highest health

This thread has been locked.