Miniloader

by therax

Compact and UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders. Works with train cargo wagons, circuits, filters, and modded belts from Bob's, Krastorio, FactorioExtended Plus, Space Exploration, and Ultimate Belts.

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

b crash on_player_rotated_entity (ID 19)

3 years ago

Error while running event miniloader::on_player_rotated_entity (ID 19)
miniloader/control.lua:184: attempt to index local 'miniloader' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
miniloader/control.lua:184: in function 'handler'
miniloader/lualib/event.lua:15: in function <miniloader/lualib/event.lua:13>

before I tried to rotate the miniloader, the miniloader rotated (unexpected) it self to wrong direction, without my action.
Factorio 0.17.79

3 years ago

Can you run 0.18 and the latest version of Miniloader?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi therax,

First of all thanks for the mod! We are running latest 0.18.28 build and the server still crashes when we try to rotate a miniloader.
The miniloader was placed in front of a warehouse, if matters.

miniloader/control.lua:144: attempt to index local 'miniloader' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
miniloader/control.lua:144: in function 'handler'
1754.959 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:90: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod Miniloader (1.11.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

miniloader/control.lua:144: attempt to index local 'miniloader' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
miniloader/control.lua:144: in function 'handler'
miniloader/lualib/event.lua:15: in function <miniloader/lualib/event.lua:13>"

Thanks for your help!

3 years ago

This error indicates that the miniloader you tried to rotate is broken in some way: the inserters are present but the belt connection portion is missing. Did you move this miniloader using Picker Dollies or a similar mod? Can you upload a save game I can examine more closely?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

hi therax!

I managed to crash the server the first time this night and I aswell was trying to rotate a miniloader. But the loader wasnt attached to a "warehouse" (as seen in the picture). exec restarted the server afterwards, I logged off, and he crashed the server after some minutes aswell within the try to rotate a miniloader (see his post above)

https://prnt.sc/stdsx6

Maybe its a problem with all types of chests and isnt bound to the warehouse-entities only?

My crashlog (nearly the same as the one from exec):

miniloader/control.lua:144: attempt to index local 'miniloader' (a nil value)stack traceback: miniloader/control.lua:144: in function 'handler'
1754.959 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:90: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod Miniloader (1.11.1) caused a non-recoverable error.

miniloader/control.lua:144: attempt to index local 'miniloader' (a nil value)stack traceback: miniloader/control.lua:144: in function 'handler'
miniloader/lualib/event.lua:15: in function <miniloader/lualib/event.lua:13>"
1754.959 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:771: updateTick(23053072) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
1754.959 Quitting: multiplayer error.
1755.577 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:136: Quitting multiplayer connection.
1755.577 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:771: updateTick(4294967295) changing state from(Failed) to(Closed)
1755.889 Info UDPSocket.cpp:218: Closing socket
1755.889 Info UDPSocket.cpp:248: Socket closed
1755.890 Goodbye
same

we upgraded nearly the whole base and especially its belts, inserterters, chests and miniloaders (and this includes as well the places around our warehouses and the place in my picture above) with "upgrade-planner-next".

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/upgrade-planner-next

maybe this caused the corruption of the connection between the "belts"?
Sadly exec just went off, but I wrote him so I guess he will upload the current savegame from the server tomorrow (its 05:00 am already, so I guess I could say today ^^ ).

What else on informations can I offer you to get a small workaround or a fix asap if you got spare time? :) Would be a huge brainfuck to play without the miniloaders since we used them like nearly everywhere lol

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

3 years ago

This error indicates that the miniloader you tried to rotate is broken in some way: the inserters are present but the belt connection portion is missing. Did you move this miniloader using Picker Dollies or a similar mod? Can you upload a save game I can examine more closely?

Where can I drop you a private download link?

3 years ago

Looking at the upgrade-Planner-next mod, it is likely the source of the problem. There used to be code in Miniloader specifically to work around the problems with the old upgrade-planner mod, but it hasn’t worked since the built in upgrade planner was added, and it looks like the situation with upgrade-planner-next is even worse and similar workarounds won’t be possible. I will probably mark it incompatible for the next release.

For your current map, it might be possible to blueprint all the miniloaders, then deconstruct them and rebuild them via construction robots.

3 years ago

its ok. I spent my day and replacing miniloaders :D I guess we just deactivate upgrade-planner-next then and wait for a proper release. can you maybe recommend something similar to upgrade-planner-next which should work with your mod? I say as it is: miniloader > upgrade-planner all day long :) thanks for the fast responses

cheers

3 years ago

I don't think it's likely that upgrade-planner-next will get a "proper release." Klonan hasn't maintained it since the upgrade planner that uses construction robots was integrated into vanilla, and it seems the person making upgrade-planner-next doesn't understand how it actually works. My recommendation would be to use the vanilla system of upgrades, and build more construction robots.

New response