King Jo's Warhammer 40K Predator Tank

Adds a Warhammer 40K Predator Annihilator Tank.

Content
1 year, 1 month ago
Transportation Combat

i Secondary Weapon and Fuel

3 years ago

First of all, I love this mod! The tank looks amazing, and I love tooling around in it. However, it seems uncharacteristic for a tank of the Imperium to not have a mounted machine gun, as most other tanks do. Would it be possible to add such a feature to this mighty vehicle? Also, this is the first time I've used one of your mods, and I was wondering; what is the reasoning behind having them use a dedicated fuel instead of the standard "anything that burns" other vehicle do? Is there a way to change the vehicle to accept standard solid fuel?

Again, I love this mod. Thanks for making it!

3 years ago

Thanks!
Adding a machine gun is easy. I've always tried to match the armament of the 3D model with an ingame weapon. And since Factorio only supports weapons in a turret, this one only has a tank gun. I also tried to use lore friendly guns, a bolter would be appropriate? I'll see if I add the bolter before realeasing the Dreadnought that I'm currently working on. #spoiler

The reason behind adding my own fuel is simple. I started with the DeLorean, Cybertruck and Mustang and I wanted them to have a realistic speed. You can only adjust the speed of a car by tweaking it's energy consumption and the speed modifier of the fuel. Using the ingame fuels would make the car really fast or take little energy and last way too long. Thats why I use my own. At the end it's a question of balancing. (btw e.g. the Aventador would sound ridiculous with 250% speed bonus o.O)

3 years ago

Alright, that makes sense. Thanks! There was a mod to add bolters to the game (found here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Wh40k_Armoury) but it has been depreciated. Changing the version data in the files makes it work just fine in 1.1, so maybe you could hit that person up for some source code, or take over for them? Idk, just a thought. Thanks for the reply!

3 years ago

Bolter secondary weapon added. I also forked the Bolter mod you mentioned.

2 years ago

I saw that, and I love it! Now this tank can take care of nearby threats with less fear of damaging itself or wasting valuable main gun ammo! And having an up-to-date option for the bolters is absolutely amazing! Worthy weapons and vehicles for the Emperors Finest indeed!

Seriously, thanks for doing that, I really appreciate it!

This thread has been locked.