Integrated Circuitry

by judos

Status bars, compact-combinators to hide your gigantic circuitry inside a 2x2 entity with has 12 io-ports, circuit-poles, optimized lamps for displays. (All UPS friendly)

Content
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.18
Circuit network

b Compact combinator blueprint rotation [fixed in 0.18.0]

4 years ago

Compact combinators used in blueprints have mismatched inputs and outputs if the blueprint is rotated before placement and it includes circuitry wired up inside. The wiring on the outside is rotated correctly with the blueprint, however the layout inside is not rotated, so wires inside will be left connected to the wrong output terminals.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thanks for the report. This was quite challenging but is now implemented in 0.18.0.

For any existing blueprints with compact-combinator inside a warning will be printed.
Any newly built compact-combinator will have the signal V=2 (version).
If you want to blueprint an existing compact-combinator just rotate that old compact-combinator such that it updates its data. Then check that its signals show V=2. That means that combinator now knows about its direction and blueprints with it will correctly rotate the content when placed. Of couse you need to make a new blueprint, since any old blueprints don't store that direction information.

Cheers

3 years ago

I've just installed the mod to try it in sandbox mode. This error message shows up every time I try. By the way: maybe programmable speaker trick togather with surface disposal will simplify all this?

I mean: you just save data to invisible programmable speaker and recreate logics on base surface with invisible combinators. You don't need other surface, no connection or rotation issues because you just rotate inputs... And what inside stays the same, it's recreated every time you enter edit mode

New response