HeroTurrets

Turrets are built using salvaged self-learning AI tech from your ship allowing them to get deadlier with practice. Extends turrets via ranking system based on kills. Turrets generated so not limited to vanilla, identifiable by overlaid rank insignia. Rank buffs individual turrets.

Content
8 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b Turret Range Bugged

3 years ago

Hey people.

I have realized, that the ranked gun turrets with increased range, do not hit anything. the bullets "explode" at max default tower range, making bullet waste a thing again. only when enemys enter the default turret range, the bullets actually hit and dmg the target.
anyone a solution?

3 years ago

Ill check it out

3 years ago

much appreciated.

3 years ago

okay, i think i found the reason for that. some ammo types have fixed projectile distance, so as the turret range grows, so has the ammo range. dunno if u can implement that. im using Krastorio 2 and Rampant Arsenal. maybe local parameter manipulation is possible, once ammo is placed?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Sounds familiar. Pretty sure it will be read only but i can look at a setting to extend ammo range. Optional as gaurentee sombody will complain

3 years ago

doesn't look like something to do.
I really don't think making any mods to it will be easy or safe especially if something changes down the line.
I figured I will check out K2 Turrets and first thing I saw was in script ranges being set based on mod settings so the ranges are intentional so even more reason to not fiddle with.

This thread has been locked.