HeroTurrets

Turrets are built using salvaged self-learning AI tech from your ship allowing them to get deadlier with practice. Extends turrets via ranking system based on kills. Turrets generated so not limited to vanilla, identifiable by overlaid rank insignia. Rank buffs individual turrets.

Content
8 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

i AAI Vehicles

3 years ago

Any chance this system could be incorporated for vehicles? AAI has the chaingunner which is intended as a mobile gun turret so it's not entirely unprecedented

3 years ago

That one may be a bit further down the line but I'll look at it. It's more a case of can I utilize the entity prototype and with AAI. Earendel does some next level stuff so I can see myself scratching my head for quite some time.
I will look but I don't imagine it will be soon.

3 years ago

Well good luck with it, currently playing with Space Exploration, all of AAI and a very long list of other mods. I haven't scored any turret kills yet (and given my pollution cloud it may take some time) but I have a feeling the shock turrets will be first as I'm just moving to those for temporary protection (no established borders yet). Just out of interest do the turrets kills keep recorded after you pick them up or does it wipe every time?

3 years ago

Limitation of game. It keeps the entity type but not the kills don't think its possible if it were would be like that for any and every turret. I can and will next release set the kills to be = to the rank you get it.

3 years ago

F.I.Y I have had another look as I was looking at artillery wagons, they way the overlays work currently will not work for rotated sprites.
So for now this excludes units and wagons.

3 years ago

Fair enough, absolutely amazing mod still. I've been using picker dollies to switch the positions of turrets so they rank up at similar times, otherwise one gets all the kills in the 'sweet spot' but this is small scale. I haven't yet had to defend my whole territory though, just placing them nearby nests to test the mod and harvest aliens (using mods like necromat and shall's pickup tower)

This thread has been locked.