Ghost Counter

Generate a list of all ghosts in your selection area or the blueprint in your cursor using the shortcut button or hotkey (default: Alt+G). Find out what you have in your inventory, and conveniently make one-time logistic requests for everything you need.

Utilities
1 year, 2 months ago
Logistic network Circuit network Blueprints

i [Resolved][1.1.x] Another button: Craft items

2 years ago

Just a new idea:
- Add an another button near "request all" - "craft all"
- Also, add small buttons "craft items" near "request items" button

OR (and I think it will be better) add a short cuts for current buttons with items count/request all:
shift + click - craft items (for a row or all items)
(and old one: click - temporary request items for the current row/all items)

1 year, 11 months ago

Thank you for your suggestion.

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, though adding it would take some work, since I would have to add crafting queue monitoring amongst other things. While I see this being quite useful in the very early game, there is a small risk that it makes manual crafting a bit too convenient, disincentivizing automation/malls. For seasoned players, this is a non-issue, but for beginners, it's a bit of trap.

I'll keep this open in case I decide to work on this later or other people want to leave feedback.

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

The main idea of this thing is to add single items of modified versions of some common items: clamped pipes (Elbow, T-type) from pipes or a modified single inserter. In early/mid game we produce common items via assemblers, and use manual production for special/modded types of common items.
Example:
- via assemblers: common pipes, common inserters;
- manually: an elbow pipe (modded) - from common pipes, a longer inserter (red) or a stronger inserter (modded, more health) - from common inserters

Edit: Yes, do it later if possible. But I don’t think that without this, beginners will stop creating everything with their hands :) Only the speed of manual production will stop them

1 year, 10 months ago

I liked this suggestion!

1 year, 6 months ago

Thanks—this is now implemented in 1.2.0.

1 year, 2 months ago

I LOVE THIS SUGGESTION, thank you for suggesting it, and thanks to the mod author for actually putting it in.

1 year, 2 months ago

Thanks, for the fix.
A little addition, could you show different messages if:
- player doesn't have resources to build items
- a some technology is not opened yet (research required).

New response