Fluid Memory Storage 🚰

An alternative to flare stack/voiding fluids. The Fluid Memory Unit can store an infinite amount of any liquid or gas. The more fluid you store, the more power it will require!

Content
a month ago
1.0 - 1.1
Storage

b Copy of "nothing" are not handled well

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

When some other mod tries to read data.raw['storage-tank']['fluid-memory-unit'].pictures of your storage tank it will get:

{
  flow_sprite = {
    filename = "__fluid-memory-storage__/graphics/entity/nothing.png",
    priority = "extra-high",
    size = 1
  },
  fluid_background = 0,
  gas_flow = 0,
  picture = {
    filename = "__fluid-memory-storage__/graphics/entity/fluid-memory-unit.png",
    hr_version = {
      filename = "__fluid-memory-storage__/graphics/entity/hr-fluid-memory-unit.png",
      priority = "high",
      scale = 0.5,
      shift = {
      },
      size = {
      }
    },
    priority = "high",
    shift = {
    },
    size = {
    }
  },
  window_background = 0
}

See that only one of the sprites you set by using same table "nothing" gets proper sprite, while everything else gets literal 0. This obviously isn't a valid sprite.

I suspect Factorio serializer handles usage of this one table in multiple places by serializing it only once, but deserialization for other mods doesn't work properly...deserializing it as 0.

I suggest using table.deepcopy(nothing) instead of just nothing when you are creating storage tank prototype to work around this Factorio issue. I already tested this fix and it provided proper sprites to other mods.

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

The tables are not literal 0. This is a bug with the serpent library for factorio.

Proof: Here is the dump of factorio data: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Bilka2/6b8a6a9e4a4ec779573ad703d03c1ae7/raw/2758ed720e42cdcd9e5c3b2708a0f51b38a92daa/Data.raw%25201.1.91

You will notice that this dump also has 0 values for all sound definitions.

I have fixed this issue in fluid memory storage. All instances of the nothing table are now separately instantiated. Thank you for the report.

14 days ago

Did this get reported as a Factorio bug?

New response