Floating Damage Text

Damage dealt to enemies and structures appear as floating text above their heads. Highly configurable.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

i Couple ideas

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)
  1. Short damage type output.
    When many numbers appear at the same time, it becomes one big mess of overlapping texts. Short form could improve it a bit. Would need another variable for it, as to allow usage of both.
    Long: 12 acid
    Short:12 a
  2. Alternative color set option.
    Two different color sets to choose from (only one active). One is current (based on target) and another is based on damage type.
    Five configurable colors - one for each damage type and one for healing.
    Could be an advanced version: both of above combined. Individual color for any type and target. In that case best to be organized as table/grid where columns are damage type and rows are target type.
3 years ago

1) The library the mod uses to format the string can automatically abbreviate them. For example, %.2s would print the first two letters of the string for the damage type. It's not perfect (the first letter of "electric" and "explosive" are the same, for example) but it already present in the mod.

2) This one is a bit more complicated. There are 8 damage types in vanilla, plus any a mod could want to add, and mod settings have to be created before I know if they do, and I don't want to bloat up the mod settings list. I can add an option where you can enter in a list of damage types and colors to override the default color for it though.

New response